Nice tablet install

I performed some fiberglass repairs on one of kayaks last year. I spent a few hours watching YouTube videos re: applying epoxy, etc. Also, since you'll need to make a mold search for fiberglass molding. I found a few videos, but didn't watch them. You may need to use a relasing agent between the wet fiberglass and whatever's the mold; just guessing here.

Finally, if you use an epoxy or other resins pay attention to safety precautions. I've used epoxies in the past, but found my skin's allegic to certain epoxies. Trust me, I developed a rash like poison ivy. I hate poison ivy!

• Like 1

if he hasn't already, he needs to patent that. You don't know how many times I've held my ipad and my droid to the front of the MFT screen working on ways to attach it easily. My thinking was, if ford won't give me, the customer, what I want ... I make it. Simply bypass it with a device that will give me real working functionality.

This tech was spot on with his design. Simple, non-invasive, practical. If I were an investing businessman ... I think I might be taking him out to dinner to talk about a business opportunity. :shades:

on a some what related note, for those who hadn't seen it, Lockpick came out with a new unit that works on the new sony's with nav and gps. :angry22:http://www.coastaletech.com/mytouch.htm

Isn't it a little sad that we are getting excited about an android tablet with a magnetic piece of fiberglass to replace a $2000 upgrade (without nav) on our brand spankin' new cars? I definitely see the reason for the mod, it only severely disappoints me that it's necessary.

Edited by evilkid500

What I like about it is that it is removable. I carry my tablet with me daily and it provides functionality the ford system obviously cannot. Being able to navigate my music directly through my tablet or skip through tracks with the steering wheel controls is awesome, as well as turn by turn navigation when I didn't buy the navigation functionality. Sync directions work well but a full map would be better for sure. Having a mount to allow me see it at a glance while driving would be great. Or I can just leave out and use the factory system when needed.

WHoa!.. i want one for my playbook! Would be awsome if it had a USB dock too to keep it charged on a long road trip.

Kc300c has a instructions on how to integrate a phone mount into the dash which routes a cable put to it. You could easily use those instructions to get your USB cable up there.

Here is his thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/8622-installation-video-in-dash-cell-phone-mounting-bracket-usb-wired/page__p__69006__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=69006