Which brand

Im not a detailer by any means but I do like to keep my edge clean , what's a good brand to start with or a good starter kit if you will ? Looking for something for wheels , tires, quick detailer,washing the exterior and interior. What would be a good one stop shop for me ?

Edited by Ofourcobr

Seems like the best of each type of product is made by different brands. There are a few companies that come close to a "One stop shop" like Zaino and Duragloss. So far, I've liked every Duragloss product that I've tried. I think the best approach is to read lots of reviews on the many detailing forums online.

I'm a detailing freak. I claybar and polish my cars every 6 months...sometimes more frequently than that. I use a 3-bucket wash method and take a lot of pride in keeping my cars all looking their best.

I used to be a huge Meguiar's fan. But once I started hanging around detailcity (what is now autopia) I started to experiment with some different products. Now, I pretty much use Poorboy's products exclusively. I've tried a few others, but Poorboy's seems to work easily and are relatively inexpensive.

A quick rundown of my 'detailing' regimine using Poorboy's products goes like this...

Poorboy's claybar (with poorboy's QD as lube)

SSR1 (for swirl removal) (sometimes SSR2.5 if it needs it) (applied with Meguair's orbital buffer)

Black Hole glaze (for extra gloss on my dark colored cars) (White Diamond for light colored car)

EX-P (for protection)

Natty's blue paste wax (2 coats over top of that) (I've tried the Natty's red, but it's harder to remove and really no noticeable difference)

Bold-n-Brite on the tires (for a nice satin-like finish)

Poorboy's sells small 'sample' kits so you may want to buy a couple of them and experiment...see what you think. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy they are to use and how good of results you'll get.

Now, for glass I use Stoners and recently tried Aquapel which I think works just as good as Stoners truly.

Hopefully my little bit of product insight will help you. If you have any other questions, let me know.

• Like 1

Optimum products set the bar very high. First out with rinse less wash, first out with a permanent coating, etc, etc. ONR is their rinse less wash that is amazing. Duragloss also makes very good quality products at a very reasonable price. DG also has a rinse less wash.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

One thing I have learned in the over 10 years I have used different detail products is YMMV (Your mileage may vary). Things such as environmental conditions, paint condition, and other factors have to be taken into account. With that said, I have used Poorboys, Klasse, Autoglym, Menzerna, P21S, and Pinnacle (or any combination of them) to bring out the shine on any vehicle.

But bear in mind, I also own four buffers (two random orbital, two rotaries).

• Like 1

• 10 months later...