Scratch repair

normcloutier

So I come home today and see a nice scrape on the rear driver side bumper. It's deep enough to feel so this wont buff out. Any suggestions on trying to repair it?

If it's just in the clearcoat it can be repaired. Otherwise you'll have to fill it first with touch up paint. Paintscratch.com has good kits.

Went the dealer today and had their best polisher tech work on the scratch. Better but still quite noticable. :cry:

Does Dr. Colourchip work to fill in scratches or is it just for chips? Scratch is about 4 inches long. I couldn't find the tuxedo metallic black at paintscratch although they had my paint code of UH listed for tuxedo black.

The dealer buffed out as much as they felt comfortable doing without burning through seeing as it's on the corner of the rubber bumper. The raised edges of the scratch were all buffed level with the clearcoat. The scratch went deep enough to show grey so it's the lack of black that makes it noticable. I'm wondering if just some Mr Colourchip to make the grey black would work.

I tried to attach some pics yesterday but everytime I try to upload a decent size picture, it ends up being just a 150k thumbnail.. Am I missing a step here?

The dealer buffed out as much as they felt comfortable doing without burning through seeing as it's on the corner of the rubber bumper. The raised edges of the scratch were all buffed level with the clearcoat. The scratch went deep enough to show grey so it's the lack of black that makes it noticable. I'm wondering if just some Mr Colourchip to make the grey black would work.

I tried to attach some pics yesterday but everytime I try to upload a decent size picture, it ends up being just a 150k thumbnail.. Am I missing a step here?

Use photobucket for your pics.