Sirius dropping Signal

Hello All,

I got my Edge about 5 month ago (SEL) Sirius work great.

Yesterday, i have very offen signal drop.

Sirius do not have any information about poor signal quality or testing in process.

Should we think about a defective Head Unit ?

Bad wire ?

Anyone experiment this issue ????

I have experienced the same signal drop. There are certain areas where I know it's about to lose the signal for a second or two before it picks up again. It's usually when I go under trees. Can anyone else confirm that this is normal or related to hardware? I wouldn't think it would be hardware related, but you never know.

I have had Sirius for a couple of years....going under a large bridge, or canopy of trees, or some other large obstruction will block the signal from the satellite....this is normal, and there is nothing you can do to correct it at this time...the same problem occurs with Direct TV, but with rain storms, or very cloudy days.....have to wait until technology catches up, I guess.....

My signal drops sometimes when I drive under a canopy of trees. Everywhere else is fine.

Radio signals are subject to all kinds of conditions. Atmospherics, sun spots, line of sight from transmitter (satellite in space) to receiver (little antenna at the rear of your car).

Now, when you are sitting in the middle of a mall or sports arena parking lot - nothing above you but sky - and the signal drops, you could have a small problem.

My signal drops sometimes when I drive under a canopy of trees. Everywhere else is fine.

Radio signals are subject to all kinds of conditions. Atmospherics, sun spots, line of sight from transmitter (satellite in space) to receiver (little antenna at the rear of your car).

Now, when you are sitting in the middle of a mall or sports arena parking lot - nothing above you but sky - and the signal drops, you could have a small problem.

Ainsi, cela confirme ceci est normal et il est juste quelque chose que vous devez traiter. Merci. :)

Hello All,

I got my Edge about 5 month ago (SEL) Sirius work great.

Yesterday, i have very offen signal drop.

Sirius do not have any information about poor signal quality or testing in process.

Should we think about a defective Head Unit ?

Bad wire ?

Anyone experiment this issue ????

delsol25, if it just recently started, you may want to check with the dealer. Mine has been doing it since I got it (4 months now) and sounds like a normal operational issue.

Edited by carbonedge+

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

I have had Sirius for several years and here's the deal. Sirius receives signal via the satellite or a terrestrial (land) signal. In larger metropolitan areas, there are actual towers that transmit Sirius. With most units, it will automatically receive from which is stronger, the satellite or the terrestrial signal. If there is no terrestrial signal available, then sat. is of course how the signal is transmitted. Therefore, if you go under overpasses or trees, you can loss signal. Hope that helps!

Mine drops out when I'm under any trees or bridges and not doing about 70MPH. I figure Sirius is best suited to those who are on the road a lot and not for those who live in the suburbs. I know I won't continue it when the subscription runs out.

So your signal comes in crystal clear when you are doing 70MPH?

Catching UP with the signal perhaps?