No Weather Radar Map

I tried getting the weather radar map from Sirius Travel Link to show on my display, but it doesn't. I was driving while my wife tried it, but nothing. I pulled over and put the car in park, nothing. I then applied the E-brake while in park, and still nothing. I panned out on the map to include the area where Issac is but nothing showed.

I checked the Sirius services and it shows I am subscribed to the Travel Link, weather, sports, traffic, fuel prices, etc. Any ideas why it's not working or how to get it to work?

I just hit the voice que button and say "Weather Map", and it comes up every time, but as you know here in North Texas, it usually doesn't have anything to show.

The 1st time I had to zoom way out to see any activity.

I had tried saying "Weather Map" and nothing came up. I also used the touch screen button for "Map" but just saw a clear map with no radar or storms, etc. I panned out to where Issac is and still just saw a clear map.

I'll be going out in about an hour and will try pulling the nav card out and reinserting it to see if that helps.

I just tried again by pushing the button Map and I guess I am seeing a weather map. There are little spots of green scattered throughout the map portion. Nothing is moving, and there is no "sweep" of an arm or anything like you see on TV when they show the weather map. I tried expanding the area and all of the green disappeared. If that is the weather map, I guess everyone in the US is enjoying clear, sunny sky's!

I get the same result saying "Weather Map" with the first screen showing some green in small areas, and a larger panning out showing nothing. She does say "showing weather map".

Oh, and I did pull out the nav card and then re-inserted it. It don't make any difference of what is showing on the map. My movie times, fuel prices, etc do work. I am surprised that it says the sports info is disabled unless in park.

Edited by ls973800

• 2 weeks later...

I tried all of the above tricks to get my weather radar to display. The radar worked for a while after I first got the car, but right when I needed it, it didn't provide the usual updated screen. Essentially, the weather image was frozen. Nothing worked. I called Sirius and they tried re-sending a signal to my radio. Not sure why, since all of the other SiriusXm features worked, but I gave it a try. The customer support at Sirius said that I had a bad module and it needed to be replaced. Now hearing that someone else has had the problem, I'm not so sure it is a bad module. I've had my Edge for 9 months and this problem has presented itself more than I'd like to admit. So, the only thing that worked to get it going...... yep, you guessed it. I had to reboot the whole car....disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery. Wait about 5-10 minutes and then reconnect. You have to let all of those electrons dissipate out of the system. Once I went back into the Travel Link Weather screen, there was the rain on the screen that I knew was there all along. This works for 4-6 weeks, depending on how much weather you have in the meantime. Good luck. Hope it works for you. Sad that you pay this much for a feature that has this kind of bug. I'll do more research before I turn it over to be worked on.