Emblems...

cmillz1331

I did go the route of the guy on ebay. I can't complain since the emblems look pretty good.

Ā 

Match the new front emblem with black grille inserts, and it looks so much better than the chrome.

Ā 

Body shop that painted the primed grille inserts screwed up - they were supposed to be Tuxedo Black metallic, but they did Ebony Black instead. Not going to get them to fix their mistake, so I'll do the next best thing: make sure everyone I know doesn't do any business with them.

Ā 

The emblems actually match the Ebony Black pretty well, so I'm happy.

post-23002-0-16361600-1347832831_thumb.jpg

He's on the f150 forum. His screen name is moody blue. My boyfriend will pm him and get his email address.

Ā 

Here is his website

http://glass-elephant.pullfolio.com/

I used him for some matte black emblems with gloss black lettering and they look great. I'm actually ordering some more for my f150 and my brother in laws truck too.

Edited by ...
  • Like 1

Thanks for the link. I have been thinking of a project for mine as well, and this will be a great help!

Ā 

Here is his website

http://glass-elephant.pullfolio.com/

I used him for some matte black emblems with gloss black lettering and they look great. I'm actually ordering some more for my f150 and my brother in laws truck too.

• 5 months later...
Use epoxy.

I thought about that. Only issue would be that if the emblem is too hard to remove, the chrome surround or my black grill may take the brunt of it. Got lucky this time in that the only damage I saw was to the base the emblem was glued to.