You do not want to paint over any chrome, even scuffed up chrome. Chrome finish, especially on plastic, is quite brittle and will flake up easily when its scratched. I suggest wiping the chrome off with acetone. Just be careful to rinse with soap and water right away or it will begin to erode the plastic. Then use a fine sand paper to scuff the surface so the paint bites in.

the other option to get chrome off plastic is to soak it in bleach, from what I've read.

I wanted to just paint it with dupli-color perfect match paint to match my body color paint. I have dupli-color adhesion promoter and a top coat so will this be sufficient or do I need to take all the chrome covering off? And someone please...how the hell do these things get taken off?!?!?

When i put the grill on mine i had to take off the whole front bumber , when i did this i think i remember seeing a way take them out through the back of it. i dont remember exactly what it looked liked

damn....I think I can take it off that way too but the only problem is the amount of maneuvering space down there...I'd rather not have to take my bumper off to do this small task

I have a video on my website showing exactly how to open up the wheel well splash liner. This is how to get to the vertical parking lights in 2011's +, but it should be the same for '07-'10's as well.

Go to www.daytimebrightlites.com, click on the "LED Running Lights" tab, then scroll down to the installation videos. It's very simple. Remove the three screws along the edge of the fender. If you need to open up the liner for more room, remove the 2 scres under the front of the liner.

Edited by kc300c

Okay thanks guys. I have taken off that guard before to put HIDs in the fogs but couldn't see well enough to see how the bezels come off. I'm either going to paint these or maybe just plasti-dip them as I'm going to do my wheels and maybe my grille too. Hopefully within the next two weeks...will post how it goes