• 1 month later...

I was wondering that too. I would think red would be ok for the license plate since it would blend in with the color of the rear running lights. I got pulled over and kindly told that my mostly blue plate light was not a good idea. The cop was very kind about it though.

Ā 

I decided to go look at the actual written laws and those things are worse than reading an instruction manual for toilet paper.

I was wondering that too. I would think red would be ok for the license plate since it would blend in with the color of the rear running lights. I got pulled over and kindly told that my mostly blue plate light was not a good idea. The cop was very kind about it though.

Ā 

I decided to go look at the actual written laws and those things are worse than reading an instruction manual for toilet paper.

Yeah I wouldn't think that red would be bad either since the taillights are also red...thats why I want the red so it blends better. I have a couple cop friends, I'll ask when I can

• Like 1

I'd personally rather pull my own teeth than read through that government blather. I knew when I put my blue led on my plate light that it was not within the law but I thought I would try to get away with it. No way I'd read through all that mess to check on a red plate led though. I'd just see how long I could get away with it...unless of course I were to be hauling illegal items. Lord knows I wouldn't do that tho!!

Edited by Cdpratt69

Just trying to look out for you as a fellow Edge owner. But did you ask your cop friends to verify?

No I haven't seen him recently and I don't have his number anymore. I'll take your word for it and thanks for letting me know before I bought the LEDs....just don't understand how red bulbs in the license plate can make a difference when the taillights are red as well.....oh well

• 2 weeks later...