Dare I say.... Supercharger? ;)

KingMike

http://www.procharger.com/2011_v6_mustang.shtml

My buddies speed shop is a reseller/installer for ProCharger. When we saw this we inquired with the engineers at ProCharger. After a lot, I mean months of emails, phone calls, it seems that the kit could be retrofitted for the Edge, BUT, the problem lies with the transmission and the front substructure. Seems that the extra power of the ecoboost was too much for the structure of the Edge, so the 475HP of a supercharged engine would just do the damage that much quicker. It can be done, stronger parts can be built, custom parts can be built, but how much are you ultimately going to spend to go fast in a 5600lb SUV? Might as well get a Porsche Cayenne.

I figured as much. I have a supercharger on my cobra but I had everything changed already, 3 spd hurst trans with overdrive etc.

You'd be spending welllllllll over 120k for a cyanne with 500 horses. If I didn't already have my trac car I may have invested in it. Vortech Supercharger is only 3k and I could have Freddy brown make me a sick tranny for 7-8k...

Maybe someday wayyyy down the road.

The cyanne v6 barely has 250 hp, their first model v8 has 340 hp, only 35 hp more that my edge, I'd rather do the chip n get more than that Porsche than go buy one. The turbos have 450hp but then I'd be spending almost 30 grand for an 8 year old car.... 8 year old Porsche at that. I'd be spending more in parts n repair than the monthly payment lol

Okay so this one is for all the motor heads.

I'm thinkingish about a supercharger on my 12' Edge Sport... Would it hold up? Other than getting the computer redone, would I have to change anything else?

Some time ago, I was exploring the idea of turbocharging my 2008 Edge by installing an STS Turbo. However, I nixed the idea when I discovered that the transmission is the weak link. In order to do this, you would definitely need to upgrade the trans to handle the added power as well as add some sort of tranmission cooler. The engine might be able to take light boost but if you want to go to an SRT-8's level, you'd need to change some engine internals as well.

• Like 1