Remote Start helps MPG!

The remote start, as well as it usually work, shows that I am getting great winter gas mileage. However, when in remote start mode, the trip computer is not counting your gas consumed, nor time. My last fill up was about a gallon different. But, it's been wicked cold the last 2 weeks in Anchorage.

My heated seats (and heated steering wheel) have not turned on with remote start yet this winter. It's been well below freezing but probably no more than -12C or so. They did turn on some of the time last winter - it's as if the temperature at which they should be turning on is set way to low. Driver and passenger seats and steering wheel set to Auto of course. Anyway it's another one of those MFT (err, MLT) issues so maybe the next update will fix it. Whatever, I have worse issues with this vehicle...

I had a chance to double check the wifes ride yesterday and there is no menu for heated seats. I noticed c_bova has a sport...can anyone with an SEL confirm if you have this menu? Or anyone in the "know"....is this a model specific menu? Can't believe they would do that but who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I have the 2011 edge sport full loaded with my touch sync bla bla bla...Im having trouble with the remote starter, sometimes works and sometimes i get a honk with lights flashing and no start so i freeze !

Sometimes it will start the first time and then if i try a second time (after it goes off) it wont start. My question is the a sensor to prevent start if car is still slightly warm??? Pisses me off to freeze after paying well over 40 k for a car...