2013 DRL's Canadian Model

Hi,

I have a 2013 model with the LED strips. I thought that the strips were going to act as my DRL's but it turns out that my projectors are run on reduced power for DRL's. Does anyone know how to convert the strips to DRL's?

I have seen the conversion kit from Daytimebrights, and it sounds like when you install these that the car runs them as DRL's. My only concern is I fail to see how this is done with just a light replacement. Is there an extra module that you plug in to fool the car to running them as DRL's? Just want to make sure before ordering a $300 part lol.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

The DRL module can be configured, you just have to change the DID DE0A from 00 (off) to 01 (low beam), 02 (fog lamps) or 03 (turn lamps). But this is not part of the standard dealer software package. They must have the software that allows them to go right into the SPDJB to change this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to hearing more on this. I have dozens of my Vertical LED Running Lights in Canada and customers have asked if the DRL functions can be re-configured to lights other than the headlights. I'm pretty certain the DRL function cannot be disabled completely though.

There was a post a couple months ago about a member in Ontario having that function programmed by an independant shop. He had the turn lamps set as DRL. I'm not sure what year his Edge was.

I see by Waldo's response that one of the options is fog lamps. With the newer edges having the light pipes, maybe the option to change it is no longer avaiable.

I was told by my dealer that they could not do it and that it could only be changed at factory.