The Official 2008 Ford Edge discussion

jamers1

I have had my 08' Edge ordered for a month. I opted to wait due to the new Sync option. How long will it be until we can expect dealers to begin filling their lots with the 2008's?

My specs:

2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited

Black exterior with Black leather interior

GPS Nav/ Sync/ Sirius/ Audiophile/ 6 Disc

Vista Roof

20" Clad Chrome Premium Wheels

Cargo Management System

I wouldn't have gotten the GPS Nav system if it wasn't for how much more intuitive it works with the Ford Sync system. I'm excited to see the new chrome belt-line on my black exterior.

Mine was ordered on 7/24. It has a segment date of 8/20. I'm not real sure what this means; however, below are the particulars on mine:

White AWD Limited

Camel Interior

20" Chrome Clad Wheels

All Season mats

Cargo Management System

Trailer Towing Package

Sync (of course)

BAMR

Power liftgate

Sirius

This is worse than Christmas. At least at Christmas you know when you will open your presents. I hate waiting!

:rockon:

I ordered mine on 8/15. Haven't heard anything yet so I just emailed the sales manager.

Edge Limited

Redfire Metallic

Lt Stone interior

FWD

Nav system

Power liftgate

Tow package

I think its worse than Christmas, because you know what the present is, but you can't open it yet!!

:hyper:

UPDATE:

Just got the info back from the sales manager. Build date is 10/1, should be here 10 days after!!

Edited by DeeKC

I ordered mine at the end of July. I have a VIN and supposedly a build date of the 1st of October. We will see if it actually gets built in that time frame.

AWD Limited

Vapor Silver

Trailer Tow

Interior Appearance Package (Red seat inserts and stitching etc.)

All Weather Floor Mats

Roof Rack Side Rails

Rear Cargo Mgt.

Sirius

Sync

DVD Navigation

20" Wheels

No Kids, so I passed on the rear DVD entertainment stuff.

My Wifes 2007 Edge has the BAMR so I opted to pass and get more toys instead (Sync, Nav, Sirius)

I also passed on the Power Lift gate. I have no problems with opening the 2007.

I am actually surprised to see so many of us opting for the 20" wheel package. After reading about so many folks "poo pooing" them.... I figured if I was going to do the Interior package, I had to do the wheels.. more Bling! LOL

Edited by RayoVac

OK since we're sharing, I ordered mine on 8-31. All I have so far is a VIN #

2008 Edge Limited FWD Vapor Silver w/ Charcoal black interior

DVD Navigation

DVD Entertainment

Power Liftgate

20" Chrome Clad Wheels

Sirius Sat Radio

Cargo Mgmt System

Well I got my build date today, 10-8-07. The sales guy estimate it should be on the dealer lot 2 weeks later. :shift:

This is so cute, all you all excited about getting your Edges.....I've had mine since Feb. 28th (ordered it Jan.15) and it now has 14,000 miles on it...the wife is going to her mother's for a long weekend, so that will add another 1200 miles round trip....the newness has long worn off, but I still enjoy driving it....

This is so cute, all you all excited about getting your Edges.....I've had mine since Feb. 28th (ordered it Jan.15) and it now has 14,000 miles on it...the wife is going to her mother's for a long weekend, so that will add another 1200 miles round trip....the newness has long worn off, but I still enjoy driving it....

This will be our second Edge we have had our 2007 since January. ;)

So, everyone that has seen me post a lot on here knows I have been waiting for my home to sell. WE are CLOSING on the 28th of this month!!!! So, October will be spent paying off a few things, and then, in November..I am ordering my 2008 EDGE!!!!!

I have already spoken with my dealer, he has already gotten all my specs and options together, and we are just waiting for the time to come.

I am getting

2008 FWD Limited White Sand/grey interior

Stuck with the 18's chrome, because I want to save on MPG, plus a smoother ride

Limited of course comes with SYNC

BAMR

Power liftgate

All weather floor mats

Cargo Mgmt system

dvd navigation

Sirius Sat Radio

trailer tow

And the only one I left off was the dvd headrest option. (you know how they install it in the headrests if you get the BAMR)

Hubby said...."Might as well go ahead and get it since you are getting everything else"

lol

I will let you all know when it is ordered for sure, but I already worked up the outline with my dealer, and just waiting on all my other stuff with my home to get cleared up.

I am SO ready for my EDGE.

My dealer told me if I ordered in NOV, I should expect my Edge in Feb, or March of 2009

My dealer told me if I ordered in NOV, I should expect my Edge in Feb, or March of 2009

How do 18" wheels cause you to get better MPG over the 20" wheels?

You should be able to expect delivery about 8 weeks from the time you place an order. Why not order now and get it in Nov. :-)

So, everyone that has seen me post a lot on here knows I have been waiting for my home to sell. WE are CLOSING on the 28th of this month!!!! So, October will be spent paying off a few things, and then, in November..I am ordering my 2008 EDGE!!!!!

I have already spoken with my dealer, he has already gotten all my specs and options together, and we are just waiting for the time to come.

I am getting

2008 FWD Limited White Sand/grey interior

Limited of course comes with SYNC

BAMR

Power liftgate

All weather floor mats

Cargo Mgmt system

dvd navigation

Sirius Sat Radio

trailer tow

And the only one I left off was the dvd headrest option. (you know how they install it in the headrests if you get the BAMR)

Hubby said...."Might as well go ahead and get it since you are getting everything else"

lol

I will let you all know when it is ordered for sure, but I already worked up the outline with my dealer, and just waiting on all my other stuff with my home to get cleared up.

I am SO ready for my EDGE.

Skip the floormats. They won't match your interior color and are not quality. Go with Weathertech mats. Everyone gives them good reviews.

How do 18" wheels cause you to get better MPG over the 20" wheels?

You should be able to expect delivery about 8 weeks from the time you place an order. Why not order now and get it in Nov. :-)

18" wheels will weigh less than a 20" wheel. Anything below the suspension is considered unsprung weight. A lighter wheel/tire combo reduces rolling resistence and unsprung weight.

18" wheels will weigh less than a 20" wheel. Anything below the suspension is considered unsprung weight. A lighter wheel/tire combo reduces rolling resistence and unsprung weight.

So....I can't help but wonder. What exactly would the weight difference be going from an smaller wheel and "bigger" tire (18's) to a bigger wheel and "smaller" (20's) tire?

Since my switch from 18's to 20's resulted in less than a quarter inch in difference to the diameter of the overall whee/tire combination, what did I lose or gain in weight?

I can't find the weight of the 18' Chrome wheels for the Edge. Anybody know?

I'm not convinced any added weight of the 20's over the 18's would result in anything significant enough to be realized in MPG. For all I know Ford could use aluminium rims under the chrome clad on the 20's and steel wheels under the chrome clad on the 18's. The weight could end up being the same or less.

I'm not convinced any added weight of the 20's over the 18's would result in anything significant enough to be realized in MPG. For all I know Ford could use aluminium rims under the chrome clad on the 20's and steel wheels under the chrome clad on the 18's. The weight could end up being the same or less.

Hi there. To be honest, I can not admit that I know a whole bunch about this particular subject, except the fact that my husband went up to 20's on his vehicle, and the ride quality is about 40% worse to me. And, I have heard many many times that the larger the rim/tire, the worse the ride and MPG.

So I am playing it safe...

18's are good enough for me...

:yup:

Agreed. I simply can't believe that, in my situation, the overall weight difference could cause that much of an affect on MPG.

Now...if you were to go from the stock 18's to say...something like this...

monsterpatrol.jpg

...I agree.

There could be a difference.

I just saw this posting so I wanted to add mine to the list. I work for a Ford Dealer in Vancouver, BC and I ordered my 2008 Edge on Aug 8 and its being built now. It should be here the week of Oct 15.

2008 Edge Limited

Panoramic Roof

20" wheels

Black Clearcoat

Black Leather

Sync

The 3D carbon kit has been ordered and should be here next week so it will be painted and installed when it lands.

I have had my 08' Edge ordered for a month. I opted to wait due to the new Sync option. How long will it be until we can expect dealers to begin filling their lots with the 2008's?

My specs:

2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited

Black exterior with Black leather interior

GPS Nav/ Sync/ Sirius/ Audiophile/ 6 Disc

Vista Roof

20" Clad Chrome Premium Wheels

Cargo Management System

I wouldn't have gotten the GPS Nav system if it wasn't for how much more intuitive it works with the Ford Sync system. I'm excited to see the new chrome belt-line on my black exterior.

How much dd you have to put down for the order?. I own a 2007 Edge SE: + AWD and have been thinking about trading it for a 2008 Edge Limited....

How much dd you have to put down for the order?. I own a 2007 Edge SE: + AWD and have been thinking about trading it for a 2008 Edge Limited....

Well I didn't have to put anything down for the order. Maybe because of my A/Z plan, I don't know. My A/Z plan quote for that build is $33,770.30.

Any idea when we might actually see some of these on dealer lots? I really would like to see the new colors (Vapor Silver and Ink Blue) on this vehicle as I know the same color sometimes looks different on different vehicles.

Also any info on the 20" wheels and rubber? What type of tires? Love to see some pictures as well. Have only seen the pre production video and it's a little jerky.

Clayton