The Official 2008 Ford Edge discussion

jamers1

Ordered an 08 a few weeks back:

Copper/black

Sync (reason I waited for 08)

Limited AWD

Moon roof

Navigation

18" (can't do 20" with the very rough gravel roads I drive on)

Sirius (although I'll not keep this after the trial runs out)

Aftermarket I bought the Weathertech liners and I have a hitch and bike rack on order.

I had the GM write an additional line on the contract so I could opt out with no costs if delivery didn't happen by the end of Nov. My assumption is that I'll see the car by year-end but I won't sign contracts with no end date -- especially considering how long the 07 was delayed.

Well my dealer called today, my 2008 Edge is sitting there waiting to be prepped. We pick it up tomorrow evening. I will take pictures and post ASAP! :happy feet:

I can't wait to see the pics of your 2008. I really want to see how the Vapor Silver looks as well as the black and red leather seats with the red stitching. Also make sure you get some pictures of the 20" wheels and the rear lift gate if it is different (new handle?). Plus you will need to let us know about the two most heated issues, the glare and the brakes and if they seem better. Especially since you own a 2007 to compare to.

Clayton

I can't wait to see the pics of your 2008. I really want to see how the Vapor Silver looks as well as the black and red leather seats with the red stitching. Also make sure you get some pictures of the 20" wheels and the rear lift gate if it is different (new handle?). Plus you will need to let us know about the two most heated issues, the glare and the brakes and if they seem better. Especially since you own a 2007 to compare to.

Clayton

I will take a bunch of pictures!!!

Frankly I have always thought my wifes 2007 Edge had GREAT brakes. Note, we are long time Ford People. The short list: 1983 Mustang, 1986 Mustang, 1995 Explorer, 1985 F-150, 1997 Explorer, 1999 Expedition, 2002 Explorer, 2004 Explorer, 2004 F-150, 2007 Edge and now the 2008 Edge. Needless to say, I have always liked Ford Brakes. I found the 2007 Edge braking just as I had been used to if not a bit more responsive. Yeah maybe in an emergency the Edge may stop longer then others... but other then Auto Mags... who really tests that???

I do notice a bit of glare on the 2007, she has the light gray interior, but nothing bothersome at all. I have driven the 2007 quite a bit including a 3+ hour road trip. I think I should be able to form an opinion for comparison pretty quick.

Will post back tomorrow evening with pictures and impressions.

Rayo

So the folks in the OAC start building the new 2008's starting today. Let's follow along with any news on production issues, new options, photos, etc. I for one have an '08 on order so I'm very interested.

My dealer just called me today, my 2008 is ready to be picked up! I was actually surprised it came this early. A lot of people on here ordered 2008's before me and have longer estimates. I am in the Detroit area at a mainstream dealership though. I wonder if certain dealerships get priority over others for orders.

My dealer just called me today, my 2008 is ready to be picked up! I was actually surprised it came this early. A lot of people on here ordered 2008's before me and have longer estimates. I am in the Detroit area at a mainstream dealership though. I wonder if certain dealerships get priority over others for orders.

I am in Nothern Indiana... picked mine up yesterday. Also came MUCH quicker then the original estimate.

• 5 months later...

I bought mine off the dealer lot. It had everything I wanted on it.

White Sand Tri-coat Limited FWD

Sirius satellite radio

Roof rails

Cargo management system

SYNC (love it!)

Heated front seats

Memory seats

Tow package

I didn't get the BAMR, nav or power liftgate. It has everything else on it.

I bought mine off the dealer lot. It had everything I wanted on it.

White Sand Tri-coat Limited FWD

Sirius satellite radio

Roof rails

Cargo management system

SYNC (love it!)

Heated front seats

Memory seats

Tow package

I didn't get the BAMR, nav or power liftgate. It has everything else on it.

Price paid????

I am in Nothern Indiana... picked mine up yesterday. Also came MUCH quicker then the original estimate.

I agree, the dealer said 6-8 weeks and if my math is right it was 5 weeks and 5 days for mine to arrive here in So. Cal (just got it). taking pics soon... :shades:

Edited by bri719

Since we are all sharing, here are the specs on my 2008 EDGE LIMITED AWD:

Redfire Metallic

Black Leather Interior

DVD NAVIGATION

SYNC

18" Inch Chrome Clad Wheels (Second set, first ones stolen)

McGuard RIM locks

Cargo Management System

Sirius Satellite Radio

Heated Seats w/3 Memory

Vista BAMR

Flex seating package

9 speaker Audiophile stereo system w/6 cd changer

I wish I had gotten the Power Liftgate but my dealer had none in stock with the Navigation system. So far at 1000 miles it looks as if I am only getting 10.8 mpg. I sure hope it gets better with time. The Brakes do suck a bit. Especially if you work them hard. They fade quite fast and the travel is way too long for a vehicle weighing 4200 lbs. Engine is strong though with some nice pull in the higher revs. Whats the deal with Ford not putting a Cargo Cover in the LIMITED???? I had a Ford Escape Limited before this one and it had it! Now I have to shell out $150 bucks to get one????? Ridiculous. The Keys remind me of when I was in Public school and they used to give you the bathroom key and it was attached to a big piece of plywood so that it wouldnt get lost. I cant even put the spare in my wallet because it would prevent it from closing! Sheesh. :redcard:

My car gets a lot of looks which makes me feel good but watch out for THIEVES and by all means GET LOCKS FOR YOUR RIMS!!! :rockon:

Since we are all sharing, here are the specs on my 2008 EDGE LIMITED AWD:

Redfire Metallic

Black Leather Interior

DVD NAVIGATION

SYNC

18" Inch Chrome Clad Wheels (Second set, first ones stolen)

McGuard RIM locks

Cargo Management System

Sirius Satellite Radio

Heated Seats w/3 Memory

Vista BAMR

Flex seating package

9 speaker Audiophile stereo system w/6 cd changer

I wish I had gotten the Power Liftgate but my dealer had none in stock with the Navigation system. So far at 1000 miles it looks as if I am only getting 10.8 mpg. I sure hope it gets better with time. The Brakes do suck a bit. Especially if you work them hard. They fade quite fast and the travel is way too long for a vehicle weighing 4200 lbs. Engine is strong though with some nice pull in the higher revs. Whats the deal with Ford not putting a Cargo Cover in the LIMITED???? I had a Ford Escape Limited before this one and it had it! Now I have to shell out $150 bucks to get one????? Ridiculous. The Keys remind me of when I was in Public school and they used to give you the bathroom key and it was attached to a big piece of plywood so that it wouldnt get lost. I cant even put the spare in my wallet because it would prevent it from closing! Sheesh. :redcard:

My car gets a lot of looks which makes me feel good but watch out for THIEVES and by all means GET LOCKS FOR YOUR RIMS!!! :rockon:

Don't shell out the bucks for the cargo cover from Ford. I saw it and it sucks. It attaches to the rear seat headrests and they actually drill holes to attach some hooks to the rear of the cargo area. The cover doesn't retract, it just hangs there. If you release the cover from the hooks it flops down in your way. Hopefully, someone will come up with a retractable cargo cover. I had one in my Mountaineer and I miss that feature too.

• 2 weeks later...