New Mods

Ordered these instead

hella_dynaview_intelligent_driving_.jpg

Features:

* The Hella DynaView Intelligent Driving Light Kit adds the smartest auxiliary light system available to any vehicle

* Intelligent yaw-rate sensors read vehicle turns and direct extra light into the turn, making for safer night driving

* High-tech 7” lamps employ two bulbs: one standard hi-beam aimed ahead, one angled for turn illumination

* DynaView angled light gently dims once the vehicle straightens out

* Specially-cut free-form reflectors cast clear, brighter light than standard lamps

* Hella specifically designed the DynaView Driving Lights for heavy-duty continuous use under difficult conditions—ideal for trucks, off-roaders and RVs

* Lamps measure 7 3/4” high x 7" wide x 4 1/8" deep

* Complete kit includes 2 lamps, control unit with yaw-rate sensors and a professional cable set, plus all mounting hardware

* Your Hella DynaView Intelligent Driving Light Kit carries a 1-year warranty

Description:

Conventional high beam light always shines in only one direction: straight ahead. When steering around corners, you head into the dark—accompanied by the danger of unpredictable obstacles lurking up around the bend. Fix this problem the smart way, with DynaView Intelligent Driving Lights.

Hella DynaView Intelligent Driving Lights considerably reduce the dangers of driving around corners at night by sensing turns and directing light accordingly, allowing you to see ahead of the corner and react to hazards in plenty of time. And, the smart system floods the road ahead using high-tech 7” round lamps.

Make “driving blind” into dark corners a thing of the past! The Hella DynaView Intelligent Driving Light Kit includes 2 lamps, a control unit with sensors, a professional wiring system and all mounting hardware. Plus, your DynaView kit is covered by a 1-year warranty.

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/69A1327A0A0.aspx

Well I finally installed my brush guard on Tuesday took about 45 mins 4 bolts I had to drill one hole in the bracket because it didn't fit.

These are just some crappy camera phone pics will try to take better ones later I photoshoped them a little but they still suck comments welcomed.

P9261126.gif

P9261125.gif

P9261124.gif

I'm going to try installing the driving light later today as well and will post pics of that too.

Not all mods need "function" in order to achieve a look and I think it looks awesome!

Thanks

Personally, I'd consider adding the brush guard as well but I don't think I'd add the lights.

I am going to see when I install the lights if its possible to make a quick disconnect for them so I can remove when ever I feel like it. The brush guard as I said is held on by only 2 bolts so thats and easy remove if I ever wish to.

Do you mind if I ask the reason you purchased an Edge?

I bought the Edge because I wanted an AWD vehicle for the winter months I live in the Northeast so in the winters AWD is a must if you don't want to be stuck at home. And I picked the Edge because of the styling and no pun intended the Edginess of it. There are a million Escapes and Envoys and Equinox', Muranos around here and I didn't want what everyone else had. Also in the Summer months I drive a bunch for work and the ride quality in the Edge is much better then a true SUV and better on gas as well how little it may be it saves in the long run.

Also I don't know why putting a "Brush Guard" on, is such a big deal Ive seen them on 60 K Mercs . They are only called "Brush Guards" because thats what they were originally use for. I'm not trying to turn the Edge into an Offroading Machine I know its limits. I just like the look of it and again no one else had it, it sets my Edge apart from the rest.

I bought the Edge because I wanted an AWD vehicle for the winter months I live in the Northeast so in the winters AWD is a must if you don't want to be stuck at home. And I picked the Edge because of the styling and no pun intended the Edginess of it. There are a million Escapes and Envoys and Equinox', Muranos around here and I didn't want what everyone else had. Also in the Summer months I drive a bunch for work and the ride quality in the Edge is much better then a true SUV and better on gas as well how little it may be it saves in the long run.

Also I don't know why putting a "Brush Guard" on, is such a big deal Ive seen them on 60 K Mercs . They are only called "Brush Guards" because thats what they were originally use for. I'm not trying to turn the Edge into an Offroading Machine I know its limits. I just like the look of it and again no one else had it, it sets my Edge apart from the rest.

No worries. Me? I was just curious really.

Had never seen one on an Edge nor heard of anyone doing it.

I bought the Edge because I wanted an AWD vehicle for the winter months I live in the Northeast so in the winters AWD is a must if you don't want to be stuck at home.

I find it simply amazing that for decades, people living in the northeast part of the country (I'm from Maine, so I know where of I speak) got around in the winter with regular, rear wheel drive cars. Then, all of a sudden, people "need" all wheel drive or 'four' wheel drive in order to get around. If one does not have the skill to drive on snow covered roads to begin with, awd or 4x4 vehicles won't help a damn bit. I've seen plenty of the sheep out there that have slid off the road, or gotten stuck in their awd/4x4 vehicles, because they haven't a clue.

I find it simply amazing that for decades, people living in the northeast part of the country (I'm from Maine, so I know where of I speak) got around in the winter with regular, rear wheel drive cars. Then, all of a sudden, people "need" all wheel drive or 'four' wheel drive in order to get around. If one does not have the skill to drive on snow covered roads to begin with, awd or 4x4 vehicles won't help a damn bit. I've seen plenty of the sheep out there that have slid off the road, or gotten stuck in their awd/4x4 vehicles, because they haven't a clue.

he may have done it fine for many years in a FWD or RWD..he didnt say his AWD was gonna fix stupid(talking of the other sheep)..just maybe umm..handle rougher terrain..and possibly be a little safer..

Edited by Abrannan19

he may have done it fine for many years in a FWD or RWD..he didnt say his AWD was gonna fix stupid(talking of the other sheep)..just maybe umm..handle rougher terrain..and possibly be a little safer..

Exactly I drove small FWD drive cars for ever (Civics and such) this is my first AWD drive car.

If one does not have the skill to drive on snow covered roads to begin with, awd or 4x4 vehicles won't help a damn bit.

I have plenty of "skill" to drive in snow covered roads in a RWD/FWD car. I have done it for 15 years, but just because I can there is no reason too when I have options like AWD and 4X4. Its like going to a restaurant and telling the waiter to give me the leftovers from yesterday because it was good enough then I don't need anything cooked today. Also put a person with no "skill" in a RWD/FWD car and have him/her drive in bad weather I bet he/she crashes more often then if he/she was in an AWD car.

No AWD is not a "MUST" maybe I chose my words wrong but it sure helps I'm smart enough to know that. And please don't sit there and tell me that a FWD/RWD car is good enough in snowy conditions, given the choice I think everyone would chose the AWD/4X4 for bad weather driving.

AWD:

I've driven for decades too and their was a time, when very few people had 4-wheel drive. 4+ Inch's of snow can be quite a bit, when you have to leave in the morning without it. I had an 88 Jeep, I paid something like $2K just for ABS brakes back then, and those damn thing's saved me from an accident in snow. I was glad to say, that just paid for itself. Since 88, it's been AWD. I've had the false sense of security it imparts. But I also know I can trust it to get me into and out of thing's a 'Car' would have trouble with. It has gotten me up the side of a mountain to visit an old cemetary back in the hollers too. When they say, having it on trade-in will help, I think that's bull. Right now and for a lot of coming years, their will be a glut on the market of SUV's, and 4wheel/AWD on it will probably mean nothing. I'd rather pay the penalty in gas mileage to have just one little bit of surefootedness, with it, rather than without it. Winters have changed where I live and I keep thinking we will get it like we use to, but I'm still glad mine says AWD on the back. I plan on adding a V8 emblem next to that too. Also the brush guard would come in handy if you have to face down Toro!

AWD:

I'd rather pay the penalty in gas mileage to have just one little bit of surefootedness, with it, rather than without it. Winters have changed where I live and I keep thinking we will get it like we use to, but I'm still glad mine says AWD on the back.

And for being an AWD the mileage didn't change very much either..I think it was what, 1MPG on highway and city.