New Mods

I bought the Edge because I wanted an AWD vehicle for the winter months I live in the Northeast so in the winters AWD is a must if you don't want to be stuck at home. And I picked the Edge because of the styling and no pun intended the Edginess of it. There are a million Escapes and Envoys and Equinox', Muranos around here and I didn't want what everyone else had. Also in the Summer months I drive a bunch for work and the ride quality in the Edge is much better then a true SUV and better on gas as well how little it may be it saves in the long run.

Also I don't know why putting a "Brush Guard" on, is such a big deal Ive seen them on 60 K Mercs . They are only called "Brush Guards" because thats what they were originally use for. I'm not trying to turn the Edge into an Offroading Machine I know its limits. I just like the look of it and again no one else had it, it sets my Edge apart from the rest.

Hell where im from there called cow catchers :hysterical:

Edited by bamaredwingsfan

• 2 months later...
My Brush Guard came in yesterday!!!

guard.jpg

Going to install it on Sunday also going to add some Hella Driving lights too

hella500drivingkitlarge1.jpg

Opinions welcomed Pictures will be added on Monday

Looks great

Did you have to do any cutting

Iv'e seen this on ebay, but Hunter Trucks never picks up the phone to answers any questions

Looks great

Did you have to do any cutting

Iv'e seen this on ebay, but Hunter Trucks never picks up the phone to answers any questions

No cutting easy install I'm going to make this a seasonal thing keep it on in winter and take if off in summer. Its good for winter and the snow banks we get here in the New England.

No cutting easy install I'm going to make this a seasonal thing keep it on in winter and take if off in summer. Its good for winter and the snow banks we get here in the New England.

In Brooklyn we call it a bull bar and use it as a bumper guard

Were there brackets and were they additional ?

Thanks for your help

We ordered my wife's Edge with the towing package but chances are we will never ever tow with it. We have a pick-up and another SUV and both have 2 or 3X the towing capacity. I wanted the oil cooler, heavy duty radiator, etc. though.

Speaking of form over function. Our last two SUV's had roof rails. They came standard on one and we ordered them on the other. Never put a thing on either roof the whole time we had them but we liked the looks and they were there if we needed them. Same goes for the tow hooks on the front of my pick-up, the off road shield package on one SUV and other oddities I've had on my vehicles before. They may not have necessarily served a function but they looked nice and were there if I needed them.

As for the brush bar, I like the looks. I probably won't put one on our Edge because its my wife's and she wouldn't want it but if it was mine I might.

As for form, we have a lot of deer in our area and I can see where it could provide a bit of protection if you hit one front on and might save a scratch or two in the parking lots from stray grocery carts and careless drivers.