Backup Camera Woes

Hello all

I have a 2011 Edge Limited. The backup camera lost it's warning markers (the lines plus the shaded in area). I did a master reset but no luck. Does anyone haver a fix for this without going back to the dealer? I do have the latest software and it worked for quite a while with that software.

Also today while backing the camera screen went upside down, very strange. And I had times when the camera didn't come on at all

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Ps. I checked all the appropriate camera settings :)

Edited by tpm419419

• 4 months later...

Besure that the safety zones are not turned off in the software. This suddenly happened to me and I was reminded by a few users here that there is a enable/disable setting. Mine decided it suddenly wanted to be disabled. Re-enabled it and that was that.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12029-f29-reset-back-up-cam-has-changed/?do=findComment&comment=92084

• 3 months later...

Dealer fixed the warning markers. If I understood them right, they said they had to reboot the camera module.

They also updated MSFT to the latest update while they replaced the Power Transfer Unit for leaking gear fluid in between fixing the gear shift so the Park light comes on.

Ha.

Warning Markers lasted exactly 3 shifts into reverse. Now they do not come on again. I checked the enable/disable setting. At least the camera works, but those warning markers are handy in tight spots.

The Shifter not going into Park lasted a little longer - 5 days. They fixed the linkage. SSM44164 But it is not working again either.

Sigh. Car has barely 20,000 miles. I have only averaged between 5 & 7k miles a year. It hasn't been used hard. Now the transmission is acting funny going from 1st into 2nd. It bangs sometimes when it shifts.

Man how I loved this when it was new.

Amy

I checked the enable/disable settings on the screen. It should be showing the warning lines. I rebooted MFTouch also.

The Dealer repair report said they rebooted the camera module. This actually fixed it. But it only lasted about three times before it quit working and never to be seen again.

Yes, it's an early 2011 model. I think it was manufactured Oct-Nov 2011.

My concern is the transmission now. It has begun to shift really rough in the low gears. Guess I'll start another Topic here to see if anybody is having this problem.

Amy