Differences between Edge and MKX

MTEDGE

Is there any difference with the Sound system and the Leather between the Edge and MKX? I know the headlights are better in the MKX and so is the warranty. What else stands out? I like the MKX but the Grill looks better on the EDGE>

THX sound system in MKS is FAR better than the Audiophile system in the Edge. The leather can be different if you get the cooled seats in the MKX, as it is perforated. But, are these things worth the cost difference? That is a personal decision that we all face. I would prefer everything about the MKX except the grille, which I like better on the Edge. But, the $6000 difference in price is too much for me. $36K for an Edge Limited with everything beats $42K for the MKX with same stuff plus the upgraded stereo, cooled seats, rear heated seats & the way cool full width LED tail lights.

An 07 MKX Has:

Adaptive Headlamps, Optimized Navigation/THX head unit. Real Wood Inserted interior. Cool-White LED interior lighting, Heated/cooled 10-way power seats, 14 speakers, bumpers are different, dash is different, suspension is tuned for a smoother ride, center console is different. Memory system is different, Outside drivers rear-view mirror is auto-dimming, Power lift rear hatch, Wheels are different. Subjective question is it worth it, Warranty is longer, you are paying for a name, Resale is higher. Seeing fewer MKX's on the road vs. Edge's is nice. Money. I just glanced into an Edge when I purchased. If I look into one now, I personally am glad I have a Lincoln. I'd make the same decision again. Mine sits and gets maybe 50 miles a week on it.

Their is No difference in the headlight's, they are shipped with the same bulbs.

Is their something wrong with reaching back in history for design cue's? A Grill from a '63 Continental, Gauges from one also, Rear LED lighting from a Mark VIII.

Thanks for your replys. I am interested in the 2008 EDGE Limited and the Lincoln MKX. I guess I will have to wait awhile longer as I believe the 2008 MKX will not be available until Spring 2008 to compare with the 2008 EDGE that will be out this fall. Will keep researching throughout the coming months both models. :reading:

The first '08 MKX's roll down the line 9/17/07 at Oakville. Orders are now being placed for production beginning the week of 10/15. That tells me that the demand is pretty strong and there are lots of orders in the banks already.

My dealer buddy tells me no commodities on hold or at risk this week.

The Edge's still have availability issues with the 20's, BAMR, SYNC, and NAV.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any difference with the Sound system and the Leather between the Edge and MKX? I know the headlights are better in the MKX and so is the warranty. What else stands out? I like the MKX but the Grill looks better on the EDGE>

Does anyone else find this question useful?

The reason I am asking is because I plan on writing a review of the MKX soon and I had written a review of the Edge back in July. I'm just trying to determine if comparing the two cars is valuable to other readers.

For those of you who are interested, read the review by clicking on the link below

Ford Edge Review on CarReview.com

Derek

What are you going to compare? A totally loaded Edge vs. the MKX? You have to. Then you have to justify the price difference. But In that same article, you have to do the same thing with the Highlander.

IF you can justify the price of a Bugatti, maybe you can write a good article. For help visit Lincoln.com. and you'll notice they say the MKX is good for a night out at the Opera. Forget how they classified the Edge. Or take a good look at the left side of this current Volvo print ad. http://www.detroitvolvodealers.com/Public/Home.aspx The smaller ad that directs you to this one didn't mask her. GAWD I love a good looking model.

THAT woman is HOT! So the implication is that if such a nice woman as that gives a second glance to the car, then the man behind the wheel is someone she would like to be with. Never mind his combover. It's perception and sex appeal. It's finer points about the execution, than just slapping on a different cowhide.

I went with the Lincoln, because I liked it and to me the price was right. Both half's of my brain fight over the following: I don't want to see a lot of them on the road, because I have something not just everyone else has, and it took for a while until I got here, if you can afford it, GET IT! The other half wants more on the road to help Ford, and both the Edge and MKX are the best looking X-overs out there. That body is the Mustang to the X-overs, per FoMoCo.

If you find out that woman's name, pass it on to me.

What are you going to compare? A totally loaded Edge vs. the MKX? You have to. Then you have to justify the price difference. But In that same article, you have to do the same thing with the Highlander.

IF you can justify the price of a Bugatti, maybe you can write a good article. For help visit Lincoln.com. and you'll notice they say the MKX is good for a night out at the Opera. Forget how they classified the Edge. Or take a good look at the left side of this current Volvo print ad. http://www.detroitvolvodealers.com/Public/Home.aspx The smaller ad that directs you to this one didn't mask her. GAWD I love a good looking model.

THAT woman is HOT! So the implication is that if such a nice woman as that gives a second glance to the car, then the man behind the wheel is someone she would like to be with. Never mind his combover. It's perception and sex appeal. It's finer points about the execution, than just slapping on a different cowhide.

I went with the Lincoln, because I liked it and to me the price was right. Both half's of my brain fight over the following: I don't want to see a lot of them on the road, because I have something not just everyone else has, and it took for a while until I got here, if you can afford it, GET IT! The other half wants more on the road to help Ford, and both the Edge and MKX are the best looking X-overs out there. That body is the Mustang to the X-overs, per FoMoCo.

If you find out that woman's name, pass it on to me.

Has having a HOT woman looking at your car become the new status symbol? It used to be the vehicle itself, but now it seems to be more about who looks at you than the vehicle.

(sorry akirby..couldn't resist)

And yes, my friend, she is rather attractive.

I have always liked women in dresses that fall like that. Hanging just below their knee..high heels accentuating their calves.

Must....stop....thoughts....at....work...

Thanks for your replys. I am interested in the 2008 EDGE Limited and the Lincoln MKX. I guess I will have to wait awhile longer as I believe the 2008 MKX will not be available until Spring 2008 to compare with the 2008 EDGE that will be out this fall. Will keep researching throughout the coming months both models. :reading:

When I picked up my new 07 Edge on the Oct 10th, there was an 08 MKX fresh off the truck and on the lot. Sticker was about 42K. It was the new for 08 Light Blue Ice with beige leather and looked good.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone else find this question useful?

The reason I am asking is because I plan on writing a review of the MKX soon and I had written a review of the Edge back in July. I'm just trying to determine if comparing the two cars is valuable to other readers.

For those of you who are interested, read the review by clicking on the link below

Ford Edge Review on CarReview.com

Derek

I just saw your "Review". Pathetic and NO excuse.

Look at the date you write this question, then the date you do your review. In that time, you've had enough time to at least look over the vehicle, BUT you get a 2 month out of production '07 and talk about that after the '08's are out. You also can't seem to get some facts correct. Basically what you've done and it was so evident, you just read some other articles and went with their info. Glad I saw this, now I can see your bias. THAT was no independent review sir. Your like a lot of journalist's, you have so many words of copy to submit each week/month to justify getting paid. Stick to your imports.. Guess you can't recognize the fact that this model is one hot seller, and it's keeping a plant in full production, just trying to make enough.