Ford OEM chrome door handles

Some lovely person in the Target parking lot decided to slam their door open into my driver door handle, taking off a good chunk of paint. I ordered a set of the Ford OEM replacement chrome door handles. I was amazed at how easy it was to install them! I had all four replaced in about 10 minutes, and that included having to go back in and find the correct size Torx bit.

Installation goes like this: Pop off the black plastic plug on the inside edge of the door next to the door handle. Insert a Torx T-25 bit into the hole and loosen the screw (the instructions said to use a T-20, but for some reason I had to use the next size up.) Pull on the door handle and pop off the end trim bezel. Pull the door handle out and toward the rear of the vehicle until it pops off, then pull straight out to remove it from the door. Install is the reverse of removal. So simple! And it cost way less than having to have the door handle repainted.

post-25267-0-75270800-1362260076_thumb.jpgpost-25267-0-50574800-1362260073_thumb.jpg

Edited by Symbasys
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The set I bought is part number 9T4Z-7822404-AA (shows fitment for 2009-2010 models) and runs around $65 for the set of four handles with bezels... not bad. I bought mine on eBay from a seller called "dealerconsignments" and had a very positive experience.

I had tried the chrome covers before I bought these. Don't waste your money. They fit poorly and look cheap. I sent them back for a refund. OEM is definitely the way to go.

@symbasys, u have made a very good deal, i have checked with local dealer here and he quote around $425 for a set of four (4) handles and Bezels.

This is too much, i have search a lot on ebay but these are not available for Edge- 2013.

Still looking for it...............

Are we sure that's all they fit?

Couldn't say for sure. I doubt they would work in the newer models with the passive key, but maybe they might fit older models. You may have to check the part number with the dealer to see if they fit other years, or be a guinea pig and order them up to try them.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...