Just for Fun

CARR142

How about MLFT - My Lazy Friggin Touch

I have to admit, my has been almost flawless, a couple of hiccups, basically ok.

Me too, knock on wood.

I'm reluctant to upgrade to the latest MFT version... ever since I bricked a laptop by installing the most recent BIOS update (as recommended by the manufacturer!) I have subscribed to the maxim of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Me too, knock on wood.

I'm reluctant to upgrade to the latest MFT version... ever since I bricked a laptop by installing the most recent BIOS update (as recommended by the manufacturer!) I have subscribed to the maxim of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I thunk that way, until Sync services was turned off by Sync. That was their way of motivating me to go visit the dealer.

At the dealer 3 days and only 90% fixed. The service writer invited me back to waste more of my time. I am not getting paid

to accomplish the problem Ford has with MFT, but the dealer is.

JaCarr

Many lazy Technicians

I'm immature because I curse every now and again and sometimes use slang? Haha okay then... Its kindof hard to point ME out when it comes go profanity on this forum. I barely even curse on here and I see people who curse almost every post they make.

It wasn't done in an offensive mannor and this is 2013 so I don't even see why this is being discussed.

I'm immature because I curse every now and again and sometimes use slang? Haha okay then... Its kindof hard to point ME out when it comes go profanity on this forum. I barely even curse on here and I see people who curse almost every post they make.

It wasn't done in an offensive mannor and this is 2013 so I don't even see why this is being discussed.

What's your point? You should be held to a higher standard because you are a moderator. A certain decorum should be observed. Personally, I think this is one of the best auto forums I have ever been a member of. Tons of comraderie and a pretty decent membership. Sure there are some differing opinions but for the best part it's pretty good.

Kingmike, I probably prejudged you for the simple matter that you admitted publicly that you claimed a hit and run to your insurance when in reality it was your carelessness. Hopefully your insurance company didn't require a police report and hopefully you didn't file a fraudulent one. That kind of behaviour to me shows a serious character flaw and for that I just don't like you.

• Like 1

What's your point? You should be held to a higher standard because you are a moderator. A certain decorum should be observed. Personally, I think this is one of the best auto forums I have ever been a member of. Tons of comraderie and a pretty decent membership. Sure there are some differing opinions but for the best part it's pretty good.

Kingmike, I probably prejudged you for the simple matter that you admitted publicly that you claimed a hit and run to your insurance when in reality it was your carelessness. Hopefully your insurance company didn't require a police report and hopefully you didn't file a fraudulent one. That kind of behaviour to me shows a serious character flaw and for that I just don't like you.

I don't think saying 'fuck' is me lowering my value or responsibility as a Mod. It was in a joking manor and wasn't directed at anymore nor was it vicious or anything like that .I agree, this is (In my opinion) the best car forum out there right now, mostly because of t he helpful, encouraging and lively community, and I am doing everything I can to make it more active than it already is to make us better.

Like I said it was $5,800 in damage plus I owe $1,000 in taxes. Didn't exactly have it and wasn't driving around with my car looking like that.

Plus insurance companies screw all of us as it is. I had to move my insurance to PA because of it. I got a quote recently for NY insurance and to insure my two cars it is over $600 a month, that is robbery. Not to mention I have tons of friends and even family who used to do insurance jobs on cars back in the day. People used to take the caps off their cars and get $3,000 checks back in the day. Only difference is back in the day insurance companies weren't charging outrageous prices for their "services" Getting around on insurance has been being done for years upon years, I was the first and surely won't be the last to take advantage of a system that is already taking advantage of us. I don't think it is fair that you judge me based on that, especially never speaking to me or actually knowing me.

Edited by KingMike

Not really... Any type if insurance nowdays is high. Health, home, auto, life. Insurance is the biggest scam going. A lot of what goes into your cost is age, years experience and location. I am 24 and live in New York with 2 cars, one of them being a sports car. I pretty much don't stand a chance.

I always felt at the end of the year if nothing happens under your policy you should get a certian % back.... Which would never happen. It costs an insurance company pennies to cover you when nothing happens. I pay $240 a month for full coverage on both my cars, last year alone I paid half of what the cost was to fix my car, and I've been paying insurance for 7 years, most of that while living in New York. They have made more than enough money off me over time, they have hurt me much more than I've hurt them. Only difference is the insurance company has plennnnnty more money to take that loss, we the people do not. Moral of the story: Screw them. :)

Oh some insurance is definitely a scam. But it is also getting scammed more than ever before as well.

I can't disagree that $240/month is outrageous. Unfortunately that is part of the big city. I am the same age and I live in Wisconsin. And I pay.....$60.00 per month for Full coverage.

I have some experience with insurance and I know for a fact, that two of the biggest things that cause insurance rates to go up is 1. Fraudulent claims... And 2. The risk and bad driving of the other drivers on the road. ( you're premium is more so based off of the bad driving of the people around you, rather than your own driving for the most part)

The thing about your claim you could have reported it to insurance either way. However, by claiming a hit and run accident, it turns the accident to "not at fault" for you and effects the policy premiums of everyone in your area..... Instead of accepting fault for the accident and taking an "at fault" accident and only having it affect your own policy premium instead of everyone's.

I hope that makes sense.

Basically what I'm saying is that there are too many people that submit false or inaccurate claims and everyone's policies in that area are affected... Especially in a big city where there are many more claims...

I honestly don't care either way but I'm just tossing my 2 cents in.

We should get discounts for having sweet looking red caliper covers!!

Edited by Swatman27

Hahahaha u think 240 a month is a lot? That's what I pay since I moved it to pa! If my insurance was in new York i would be paying over 600 a month for both cars.... This is why I do not feel bad one bit.

Also as far as it being scammed now worse than before, that is very incorrect. Insurance scams on entire cars were a piece of cake back in the dag, it is actually tougher now.

Plus, they didn't give me a rental car. If I didn't have a second car I would have been totally screwed. They merged my insurance with my dads policy when I signed up, since we have the same name and address. Since he didn't have rental insurance they set mine as that when they "fixed" their mistake.

They didn't feel bad for screwing me over, why should I be for them?

Hey like I said, it doesn't affect me either way.

But it's also insurance fraud to have your insurance coverage listed in PA if its garaged in NY. I have known a couple people's policies that were cancelled because the insurance company found out ( and their accident wasn't covered)

Again man, I get it. I wouldn't want to pay that for insurance ever..... I'm just saying that its technically fraud

Also, rental is not included in "full coverage" if you don't specifically state you want to add rental coverage, you won't get a rental if you're in an accident.

Edited by Swatman27

Ahahahahaaah you consider this the best form on the Internet. This place is one of the deadest forms on the Internet that I know about. Maybe it's because everyone has a cool soccer dads vehicle crying foul when someone swears on the old interweb. Welcome to the Internet POPs

So you figure just because you paid $3600 a year and didn't have one claim you are untitled to that money back..... LOL that's just one great post. This guy deserves MOD police status.

Swat,

I am aware it is insurance fraud, but if you drive around New York you would see more out of state plates than actual New York plates. I am far from the only one doing this. I think the REAL crime is them charging so much money for the actual insurance. I am also aware that a rental is not included in full coverage. I did tell them I wanted rental added when I signed up. But when they made their mistake merging my dad's policy with mine and we had to fix it, they took all the coverage options my dad had and put it on mine... He didn't have rental, so they didn't add it back to my policy when "fixing" their mistake. Therefore THEIR mistake but they don't want to do anything about it.

Rockballer,

You are taking everything I said and putting a twist on it... What I said is IN MY OPINION this is the best vehicle forum out right now. I didn't say the best forum in general. I am very aware we aren't the most active forum out there, far from it. I even said in the very next sentence (and even in other posts on other topics) I would like for us to be more active. Calling us the "deadest" forum on the net is way extreme though... But activity isn't the only thing that goes into making a good forum, I feel our community is what makes us great. I have been a part of quite a few vehicle forums; My last truck, a Dodge Nitro, I was a member of 2 forums. I also was a member of probably 8 Mustang forums for my Cobra. Those along with other forums I've been a member of and friends have told me about consist of about 5-10% of members who actually do research and find new things, better prices of things, help fellow members with questions, etc. But the rest of that 95-90% is people who are just too lazy to google to find out their problems and post it on the forum for someone else to do it for them, or your constant bashers of everything everyone puts up.

This community is filled with so many people who ACTUALLY take the time to look things up and post their findings to help their forum members. So many friendly encouraging members who even if they don't like what someone does to their vehicle, find something nice to say or constructive criticism to make it better instead of just bashing it. The same person you see asking for help with something one day, you see the next week posting a new find. I agree, complaining when someone uses a curse word in friendly conversation on a forum full of adults could be a little irritating, but to judge the entire forum on that is just insane. Especially since you've been a member for a year and only have 26 posts, maybe if you were more involved with the community you'd understand why so many people enjoy it.

Again, twisting my words. I didn't say that people should get their ENTIRE year payment back if nothing happens. What I said was we should get a percentage of our yearly payments back if there were no claims made. 15% of that $3,600 you mentioned is $540... There is no one on here who couldn't use some extra cash, especially almost $600. When my insurance was in New York I was paying $420 a month... 15% of that is 756... Unless you own an insurance company I'm not sure why you would be against that, it seems extremely fair to me. Especially since like I said, it costs them pennies to cover us when nothing happens.