New Edge owner

Abrannan19

Well..I guess I am part of a new club. Well my wife is I guess. I just traded in her IS300 for an 07 Edge SEL+. She has been driving it for a week now and absolutely loves it, as do I. I have already started to mod it. Tinted the windows the same day I bought it and just did the front windshield with 35% today and added a AVIC-Z2 navi unit with a Sirius tuner and a Fahrenheit reversing camera. I am planning on adding 22" TSW wheels that are hyper black and almost match the pewter color perfectly. Just a simple non gaudy wheel that I think will look good. I am also planning on adding some low beam HID's and my weathertech floor mats an cargo area mats will be here wednesday. I am sure that I will be modding it just like the other vehicles in the fleet LOL. here is a Picture of it the day I got it. I have to get some more of it tomorrow.

edge.jpg

Tinted the windows the same day I bought it and just did the front windshield with 35% today

Tinting the front windshield?? I know it's allowed from the top down to a certain mark on the windshield, but I have never seen one that looked 'nice'. Then again, spinning wheels and neon tubes under the car look 'nice' also.

Sorry..I wasn't more clear. The front windows were tinted after that picture. 20% to match the factory tint. Yes the entire windshield is tinted with 35%. Its the best thing! I have done it on all of my past vehicles It is a savior for glare and the sun beaming in your eyes also the heat decrease is amazing. It must juts be a Florida thing. Everyone here has it.

We have all of the super crews for work..not that we haul alot of people around or anything. But who wants a supercab?

here are some pictures:

DSC04601Medium.jpg

DSC04603Medium.jpg

DSC04605Medium.jpg

reversing camera built in Tag

DSC04606Mediumtag.jpg

AVIC-Z2

DSC04607Medium.jpg

Edited by Abrannan19

:shades: ............Am I looking at a tinted windshield?? Plenty people told me I'm brain dead, so you won"t be the first, but I was of the understanding that it was illegal "everywhere" to tint below that ASI line...If they allow that in Florida...So be it...I just wouldn't drive it in Alabama...cause there will be some deputy, somewhere, :shades: looking to nail it......................Happy...... :shift: ................Sr...

:shades: ............Am I looking at a tinted windshield?? Plenty people told me I'm brain dead, so you won"t be the first, but I was of the understanding that it was illegal "everywhere" to tint below that ASI line...If they allow that in Florida...So be it...I just wouldn't drive it in Alabama...cause there will be some deputy, somewhere, :shades: looking to nail it......................Happy...... :shift: ................Sr...

Here in Alberta, they'd just shoot through it first and ask questions later...

Only the windows back from the front driver and passanger sides can be tinted here. To me, this makes great sense. If I were a cop walking up on a vehicle I had just pulled over at night or dusk, and couldn't see how many people were in it or if a gun was pointed in my general direction, I'd be concerned.

Officers need to take every aspect into account when approaching a car and many have been killed with routine traffic stops. I'm just glad I'm not a cop in Florida!

It does look cool though! Ya just need some "bling" on those wheels now!

Steve

New EDGE owner. Got a month ago and we love it. Retired from Ford in April and just had to have one, so bought one with my package money. Best thing I ever did. I got the Dark (purple one) can not spell the color. Great car. and I have gotten a new car every two years and this is the best.

ive never seen the amythest color. ut some pix up.