New to the Forums

shoulinpanther

Hello all,

Just wanted to say what’s up! I am a new Ford Edge Sport owner, just picked it up this past Wednesday. It is a 2013 FWD model, I can say that I definitely enjoy it quite a bit so far. I hope to find the information on what I need and want to do to my edge in this forum. So far I have read through a lot of audio posts because that is something that has always been at the top of my list with every vehicle I have owned.

Tuxedo black! I really like the color. I had a 2 door honda civic for the last 7 years because I didn't really need a bigger vehicle. I have a second kid on the way now and well the little car had to go. I have been looking at the Edge Sports for over a year just really didn't have to extra incentive to buy one yet, until now that is. I really enjoy the ride it is smooth and the vehicle is roomy enough without being to big.

Tuxedo black! I really like the color. I had a 2 door honda civic for the last 7 years because I didn't really need a bigger vehicle. I have a second kid on the way now and well the little car had to go. I have been looking at the Edge Sports for over a year just really didn't have to extra incentive to buy one yet, until now that is. I really enjoy the ride it is smooth and the vehicle is roomy enough without being to big.

Congrats on your new ride and your new baby!

You won't regret it, believe me on that! Enjoy and post anything you need to know here, we have a very knowledgeable community. I hope to see you around often, we always welcome new active members!

Post some pics along the way too! :P

I love loud music, and I love loud bass. It is something I have been doing since I was 16 and it has stuck with me for years. This current upgrade is 2 Kicker S12L7's with dual 4ohm voice coils. Paired with a rockford punch 1000. I used a LOC (line out converter) it is tapped in the wire harness at the driver kick panel then RCA's are ran through the interior. Everything is hidden except the box of course. This was all done professionally this is the first vehicle I have owned that I did not do myself. It sounds amazing and can be turned up to destroy ear drums if the need arises. Here are some shots of my civic that I had before this that I did myself.

Honda Civic Trunk2

Honda Civic Trunk

• Like 1

A little bump is always fun. Check mine out. Ride looks cleannnn.

Thats a pretty nice set up. As far as future mods it all depends on extra money and what not. I do have a second kid on the way so I am not going to spend money that I don't need to as of right now. Things I want to do or wish list so to speak are as follows.

Tint the front windows to 18% to match the back, possibly darker tint on the back

Replace all interior speakers with high end high quality components and of course amp and EQ them

HID conversion not sure which to go with though as far was wattage but I am pretty sure I either wank 5k or 6k for color I want all the lights on the front to match color wise so I will probably need help finding out which ones to go with.

LED switchbacks for the front

DTBL Option 3's for the front stripe lights

DTBL interior LED's

Have the chrome pieces up front painted to match the car, and debadge the rest of the car. I am not a chrome fan unless its on the wheels but not the whole wheel.

Black Ford Logo Emblems front and back.

Maybe lower it as well just not sure I want to mess with that on this car. I have never had a ride that wasn't lowered in some form or fashion.

Edited by shoulinpanther

Thats a pretty nice set up. As far as future mods it all depends on extra money and what not. I do have a second kid on the way so I am not going to spend money that I don't need to as of right now. Things I want to do or wish list so to speak are as follows.

Tint the front windows to 18% to match the back, possibly darker tint on the back

Replace all interior speakers with high end high quality components and of course amp and EQ them

HID conversion not sure which to go with though as far was wattage but I am pretty sure I either wank 5k or 6k for color I want all the lights on the front to match color wise so I will probably need help finding out which ones to go with.

LED switchbacks for the front

DTBL Option 3's for the front stripe lights

DTBL interior LED's

Have the chrome pieces up front painted to match the car, and debadge the rest of the car. I am not a chrome fan unless its on the wheels but not the whole wheel.

Black Ford Logo Emblems front and back.

Maybe lower it as well just not sure I want to mess with that on this car. I have never had a ride that wasn't lowered in some form or fashion.

Thanks! I'll tell you I went with 18% because the guy I used didn't have 20%. It's slightly darker on the inside than the back, but looks fine from the outside. I've been thinking of going to 10% around back. HIDs are a must!

I'm with Rockballer. 2 door Civic to Edge Sport is a big leap. You must be loving it. Glad to have you on the forum and thanks for thinking of me and my LED lighting as possible Le upgrades. I'm replying from my phone so can't post photos of it, but I'm going to begin taking orders for my new Edge-2 LED DRL later this month. Shoot me an email at info@daytimebrightlites.com and I'll send you a pic of it. You may want to put aside a bit of mod money for the new Edge LED taillight I'm hoping to have out in June. Not releasing photos of that yet. (The design is still a bit fluid right now, but the first prototypes look awesome. Stay tuned)

• 3 weeks later...