Ordered 2013 Edge from the factory

ravishingrocket

I think the VIN is created as the vehicle hits the assembly line. I hope you have better luck than I. I was told the same 4-6 week song and dance and received it 13 weeks later. :waiting: Ordered mid October and received in January, hopefully things are more on schedule now. Good luck.

• Like 1

I placed an order at my local ford dealer and they told me I would have my car in 4-6 weeks. The dealership emailed me the VIN this past weekend, after 6 weeks. They also said they have no idea how much longer it will take for the car to come in. Does anyone know at what point in the manufacturing process the VIN is created?

Post your VIN and I'll see what I can find out about your car.

I got my VIN 2 days after I placed my order and received the vehicle in 5 weeks (dealer told me 4-6 weeks). I'm about 500km away from the factory

Ā 

Perhaps I'm wrong but looks like that it takes longer to deliver the trucks to US than in Canada. Since they are manufactured in Canada, I asume they are shipping by train and that takes long

• 2 weeks later...

No, he's clairvoyant.

No, I'm not clairvoyant, I live near the Oakville assembly plant where our Edges are made. I discovered after taking delivery of mine that a old friend of mine works at the Oakville plant in the department that schedules production. Edited by jmacd27

I viewed my window sticker today and it has a date of 04/19/13 on it. Is that the date the assembly was completed? Also, if it took 6 weeks just to get a VIN, why would the dealer tell me it was too late to add additional options when i called them just a few days after placing the order?

Its only my guess but I think dealers do not want to take a chance and take extra options after they have submit an order to the factory in case the extras do not go thru. I got my VIN 2 days after I place the order so I think the orders are processed pretty fast regardless the delivery of the vehicle which takes much longer. Ordering a new vehicle is pretty much an automated process and once it registers difficult to change.

• 3 weeks later...