2013 Edge SEL - Driver Seat Issue - Question

JeffRow

Just picked up a used 2013 Edge SEL with 10 way power driver seat. I notice a slight slop in the seat when taking off and stopping. Feels like maybe .25 - .5 an inch of movement in the track.

Anybody have this issue?

Aware of any service bullitins,recalls, etc?

Thanks

Just picked up a used 2013 Edge SEL with 10 way power driver seat. I notice a slight slop in the seat when taking off and stopping. Feels like maybe .25 - .5 an inch of movement in the track.

Anybody have this issue?

Aware of any service bullitins,recalls, etc?

Thanks

Yeah, just about every person who owns an Edge from 07-13.. Some people claim there's don't do it but most people will state that it does. It feels almost like a slight rock forward and rock backwards, depending on stopping or going.. My 07 does it, you get used to it after a while. Supposedly some people have said the fix is by replacing the seat track.. Gotta get the dealership to "ok" it though.. I had mine in the shop twice for it, just after purchasing it.. They wouldn't replace the track and stated that everything was tight, event though they could replicate!!

Must be your smooth roads. My seat moving 0.5" isn't noticeable when driving over 4" potholes everywhere.

I have a 13 SEL and fortunately I guess, don't have this problem.

Give it time my friend... Give it time! All year models do it. I have asked probably 100 owners over the years and you will now be placed into that boat of about 7 owners who have stated there seats don't do it.

Imagine your seat feeling like a recliner every time you stop or throttle your vehicle.. It gets annoying, but you deal with it. Supposedly, the only fix for it is replacing the seat track... There's a few threads about it on this forum.