Replacing 22" Pirellis HELP

KDLgriffin

I am the second owner and bought at 15,000 miles. I have 22" Pirellis and 22,000 miles on my 2012 edge. I am searching for a new tire but it seems I should have gotten better mileage out of the factory tires. Any suggestions on a good tire that proves to be quality and long lasting?

I have the Yokohama Parada SPEC-X's on my Edge using 22" after market rims, TSW Snettertons.. Every tire shop I go into or dealer always compliments me on my rubber choice.. I have 25k on them right now and just had them rotated last week and was told that I just hit 1/2 life on them. They are very quiet, very aggressive as far as traction and look amazing. Overall cost was good as well.

TY, you are not the first person to recommend those. And yes the price is showing to be more affordable then the Scorpions I have. I only hope I can manage the tread life out of them you have. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Religiously have them rotated every 5k miles.. I got the rims/tires from Discount Tire Co. Purchased the additional 3yr warranty on them, anything happens to them.. even potholes, they are replaced free of charge. Discount Tire, rotates and balances them every 5k miles and they are wearing so even, its beautiful.. Still as quiet as the day I got them. I have pics of them in my Gallery. Glad I could help!

I am at 19K on the original Pirellis and probably only have another 8-10K before I too am in the market. Currently leaning towards the Yokohamas just becasue winters in Colorado can be ugly and the reviews all say the snow performance is pretty decent. I don't want to go the dedicated snow wheel/tire route, but I also don't want to end up like this guy -> :headspin:

I am at 19K on the original Pirellis and probably only have another 8-10K before I too am in the market. Currently leaning towards the Yokohamas just becasue winters in Colorado can be ugly and the reviews all say the snow performance is pretty decent. I don't want to go the dedicated snow wheel/tire route, but I also don't want to end up like this guy -> :headspin:

I took the Edge up to Gatlinburg TN last year for Vacation. I know the winter in Gatlinburg TN is nothing like Colorado, but in the Smokey Mountains, It was pretty rough to me.. I am a Florida boy who has never seen snow. I was very impressed with the Yokohamas and how they responded well to the snow and traction. I would recommend them and personally, recommending a TIRE is a huge thing since they go hand and hand with Safety and ones life potentially.

• 1 month later...

Also make sure your alignment is within spec. I recommend having this checked once a year, especially with larger wheels. I was a manager at Tire Discounters for 18 months before I decided school was a much better option. It always amazed me how many people would spend so much money on tires and need an alignment but would pass because the car need something like a tie rod replaced before the alignment could be completed. I just had our 11' Edge aligned last Saturday. The passenger side was out of tolerance by quite a bit in alignment standards.

• 11 months later...

I only got about 22,000 on my stock Pirellis also. Even had the dealer check alignment at 9,000 because they were wearing bad and the alignment was good. I rotated them on a regular basis as well. I put a set of the Yokohama Parada Spec X tires on my sport about 6,000 miles ago and they look brand new so far which they should of course. I had the alignment rechecked when I put them on and everything was in spec. I purchased the tires off Amazon for $863 for the set with free shipping and the dealer installed them, disposed of the old tires, balanced them, and put new valve stems in for $13 each. They had quoted $1350 to buy the tires and install them so I saved a little over $400 buying the tires my self and having them install them. Tirerack was about the same price but would have had to pay shipping for Tirerack.

I just replaced the OE Pirelli's with another set on my '11 Sport AWD, rotated religiously I went 48,305 miles and I live in Nebraska so all four seasons as well.

Had equally good luck with the OE Pirelli's on my '11 Sport. Got nearly 60,000 out of them before replacement. Far better than I ever expected given their low profile and my typical driving habits. Rotated them front-to-rear with every oil change and have been meticulous with checking pressure. Second set are barely showing any wear at all yet with 15,000+ on them.

• 6 months later...