Observations after the first road trip

So we took her to the mountains this weekend and put on over 1000kms. Thought I'd give my feedback here on what I found;

- One of the smoothest rides of any vehicle I've driven

- Extremely quiet even at highway speeds

- Moderate passing power and not as aggressive at highway passing as I anticipated

- I wish the steering wheel tilted more

- Even through moderate inclines, it was constantly kicking down into 5th which I was surprised at. My 24V Taurus just pulled the hills and only kicked down when climbing more substantial hills. A drawback of a 6 speed tranny I guess…

- I've read a couple of times on this forum about the Edge pulling to one side. Even though it wasn’t consistent to “one side”, I noticed however that this vehicle is very susceptible to the crown of the road and therefore requiring more effort in the steering wheel.

- I wish there was a gear between “drive” and “Low” for gearing down. OD just doesn’t make much of a difference especially in city driving.

- RPM’s were almost 1000 less than my Taurus at 130 kph though overall mileage was similar. Weight and AWD making the difference.

These aren’t complaints but rather observations. I’m certainly not disappointed as it’s one of the nicest overall vehicles I’ve driven. I just thought I’d share my opinions…

Steve

Edited by blu by u

What do you mean my wishing the steering wheel tilted more? You mean tilted down or up?

How was the lower lumbar support? I found it lacking it a bit in my 1 day test drive.

Sorry...tilted down.

I'm not a big fan of lumbar support personally and have never used it on my last few cars that have the option of inflating it. The seats are comfortable for me (6'2" 235lbs) as is.

I 2nd that. It was getting to the point where it was difficult to find the Edge/MKX info between all the BS.

No kidding. It's rampant throughout this forum which is unfortunate. It only takes a couple people to set the tone of the board but hopefully we can get past it. I'd prefer to not be one of those people to wreck it for everyone else...

Cobrajet and I had a disagreement and he got a tab bit hostile and vulgar but hopefully he's big enough to move on. I'm done with it and came here for gaining insight and sharing experiences. There's no right or wrong to that so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Cheers,

Steve