Car show SPL

Well as I stated before when asked about my stereo that I like it loud and loud enough to be ridiculous. Well just for fun I went to a car show with an audio competition to see of I could do any good and I won my class. They went by cubic inches instead of wattage and I hot 140.0db which is stupid loud. It wasn't quite as good as what I hit when I tested it a few days previous which was 141.2 but it was enough to win my class and take second overall. The guy with the loudest over all had 4 12s in an armada with 3 times the wattage that I have and he only hit a 144.5. He of course took first in his class. Here is a pic of my simple system and the guys extravagant armada.

post-26296-0-49035500-1371396179_thumb.jpg

post-26296-0-90655900-1371396207_thumb.jpg

not for nothing .. but that Armada install is a piece of artwork. The design of the cabinet, the fit, the layout. He deserved to win 1st place. :worship:

Ā 

And nothing against you, you were just testing the waters .. but you basically set a box in your trunk.

It wasn't for show. His is built for show. I only went for the SPL aka the stereo comp for loudness. And he won first in his class for loudness and I won first in my class for loudness. Over all out of all the cars he was the loudest and I was the second loudest over all and were the only ones to hit 140+dbs which for me is really good for a box set in the back ;)

Ā 

So that was the point I was making.

Edited by shoulinpanther
  • Like 1

That is jet engine loud. Can one actually sit inside a vehicle at those sound levels? And yes, that Nissan is stupid-nice. He obviously has a ton of extra cash to throw down on his vehicle. Either that or he is single with a reasonable job and still lives in his parent's basement. :baby:

• Like 1