Well, I was going to suggest that you do a search on this forum using the Search function. There have been several posts made about having the dealership (USA only) turning the DRL function on by using their "scan" tool or whatever Ford calls it. There are also ways of adding different lights where the vertical lights are on the 2011-2013 models, and using them as the DRL.

Go to the search function at the top right hand corner of this page and enter your search term into the box. Make sure you click where it says "This topic" and change that to read " Forums", then click the magnifing glass to do the search.

Here is one discussion about having the dealer turn them on.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12612-just-got-my-drl-activated-at-the-dealership/?hl=%2Bdaytime+%2Brunning+%2Blights&do=findComment&comment=97497

Thought I would offer a nice alternative to just using the stock drl headlights. I offer a unique LED daytime running light specifically designed for the Ford Edge and incorporates an LED turn signal. Check it out on my website. www.daytimebrightlites.com.

Thought I would offer a nice alternative to just using the stock drl headlights. I offer a unique LED daytime running light specifically designed for the Ford Edge and incorporates an LED turn signal. Check it out on my website. www.daytimebrightlites.com.

I have seen them and they look great! But I have to have my DRL turned on.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering about this myself. I've seen other edges on the road with DRLs and the 2013 Sport I jsut brought in March doesn't have them and the service manager says if it was an option it would have been activated during predelivery.

That doesn't make any sense. DRLs can be either on or off. For US vehicles they are set to off. With a service tool, they can be set to on. Tell your service manager to read the shop manual!