Warning light

ranferg

Have had my 2013 edge for just over a month. Went for a cruise in the mountains yesterday and was on a steep winding road at a pretty high altitude. Had to use manual shifting a lot because of steepness, switchbacks, traffic, etc. Anyway, 3 times when parking in different scenic areas when I put the car in park the advance trac system requires service (or something close to that) light came on. Once we got out of the mountains and resumed normal driving the light hasn't come on since. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2013 ford edge. The other day I was sitting at a red light. I went to take off, but my edge seem to have lost power, as if a governor was on. Finally the edge started moving and shortly later I got onto a main highway, which then my advancetrack warning lights came on. I pulled over, restarted the vehicle. The lights went off and the edge starting running normal again.

It happen twice since I own the vehicle (new). So it was time for an oil change. I had the dealer check the advanctrack system and found out I needed my software updated (TSB 13-1-15).

I hope this was the problem.