2013 Edge Limited. First long trip. Very Good

pinballbob2

Took my Edge Limited from Missouri to Florida. About 2000 miles over all. Lots of short trips in Florida. Overall got 23.5 miles to gallon. I have the V6 and drove mostly 74 to 75 mph. I tried driving faster and did see my mileage decrease.

Found seats and ride very nice. Really like the backup camera and blind spot features. My ford touch performed without a hitch and navigation was super thru out trip. Best vehicle I ever owned for ride and comfort. Had several people say I wanted an Edge but chose something else because of cost. That was there mistake.

• Like 1

Hi All, Haven't had my SEL on a trip yet. My driving so far is county roads and two lane highway. For the last 1700 miles it has averaged 24.4mpg. I'm not too impressed with that. Mine is supposed to get 19 city/ 27 highway. Plan on taking a trip this Oct. from Northern,Indiana to GatlinburgTn/ Cherokee,Nc from there to Pensacola,Fl and back home. I'm expecting/hopeing to average at least 25/26 mpg. I don't have a heavy foot but I run a couple mph over the limit. Edge has 3.5 engine

Larry

Northern,In

post-26092-0-95993400-1374102271_thumb.jpg

Took my Edge Limited from Missouri to Florida. About 2000 miles over all. Lots of short trips in Florida. Overall got 23.5 miles to gallon. I have the V6 and drove mostly 74 to 75 mph. I tried driving faster and did see my mileage decrease.

Found seats and ride very nice. Really like the backup camera and blind spot features. My ford touch performed without a hitch and navigation was super thru out trip. Best vehicle I ever owned for ride and comfort. Had several people say I wanted an Edge but chose something else because of cost. That was there mistake.

Is this FWD or AWD?

Had this post on another thread.......

We have a 2013 Edge LTD fwd w/ v-6. Had 700 + mils on it mostly local round town and could see as it got higher in mileage it was going up.

Took a road trip recently from Jersey to the Keys and back. Left at about 800 miles. On way down mpg was different on each tank based on speed we were

traveling. A lot of 70+, some stop and go in Northern Virginia. Early mileage was running 21, 22. Overall down was 23.2. Now trip home it again increased.

Actually had it getting 26+ and did hit the 27 figure for a while coming up out of the Keys doing 60 65 mph. The rest of the way home we were running 70, 75

and hit 80 for a while. Yeah I know it was fast but traffic was even faster at times. So what I'm saying overall on way home it averaged 25.3. Seems to get better

as mentioned. Hoping to see the 19 round town and would be good with 25, 26 on highway. No complaints so far. Well maybe would like a bigger fuel tank. Less

fuel stops. smh

I have a 2011 Ford Edge SEL took it on a to Montreal from Detroit. Kept the pedal at 68 going and got 27.5 MPG. On the way home kept the pedal at 72 and got 25.5 MPG. I run between Troy and Port Huron and if I keep it at 65 on the highway have hit 28/29 MPG. Blended average is 21 MPG.