No text messaging after master reset

I have had an iphone 5 for a few months now. Text notifications to MFT have sort of worked to this point. Sometimes slow to display them but worked. A few weeks ago I started having issues streaming songs from my phone. Would play through the phone instead of audio system or wouldn't play at all. A couple days ago my Nav started acting up. Would freeze on a point or wouldn't track my movement at all.

I performed a master reset which fixed my Nav but now MFT says that my device (iphone) is not capabale of text messaging over bluetooth. The only thing I can see affecting this is if the latest ios is not compatible. I can't remember when I last updated my phone.

I am currently running ios 6.1.4 (10B350). Is anyone running this version able to receive texts on MFT?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the iphone5 as well. There was an article on here before and it said to turn your Bluetooth off ( on your phone) then back on. There will be a little blue arrow beside your listed sync device ( on the phone) click the arrow. This will take you to a notification page. Make sure this is set.

After I did that I shut both the phone and car off. When I restarted both text msging works. ( mine will only receive messages )

I have used this procedure that was posted by copernicium112:

To get incoming Texting to work on iphone:

It is important to see show notifications. If you do not see "Show Notifications" under your Sync options on the phone try this:

1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone. Wait a minute to make sure everything clears.

2) Turn the phone off and on again. You don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on (not just lock and unlock). Turn the car off and then on again.

3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.).

4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.

5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.

6) On phone Go into the settings screen, Bluetooth, Sync., & press the blue arrow icon You should now see "Show Notifications".

7) Set Notifications to "On" on phone

8) Back up a screen on the phone and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.

9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.

Have someone send a test message.

• Like 1