2008 Ford Edge, Price Paid

gfhii

TTL are not included in the quote. Im not sure what incentive money is baked into that quote. I know that I quality for a # of programs (Supplier/Costco). I think there is 4500 in Ford incentive cash out there right now...right?

My guess is that this price boils out to "invoice" less any incentives

Hi intotheoh. :D Far too many unknowns here. Please carefully read what I stated in my previous reply and this one.

First: Again, you need to ask the Dealer if there will be any added "Documentation Fees", "Computer Usage Fees", "Dealer Prep Fees", etc etc. Dealers love to tack on these added fees at the last minute when you are ready to sign, and they are nothing but pure profit for them. Right now, I believe you have no idea whether there will or will not be added fees. You need to ask the Dealer exactly what the "Final Out the Door Price" will be.

Next: Again, you should know how much Incentive Cash is included in a price quote. And we can not tell you if a price is good or not if we do not know how much Incentive Cash is included in the price quote. You just are not sure and that is bad. "Thinking" it is $4500 is not the way to buy a vehicle.

Also again, Incentives vary by region. What is offered in your area may be more or less than what is offered in my area. Without a ZIP Code we cannot know. You need to find out that information, or tell us your ZIP Code (preferably both).

You have no given us enough information to tell you whether it is "invoice less any incentives" or not. If you don't know, how can we know without more information?

I am not trying to bust your chops. It is simply not possible to give you an accurate answer with the limited information you know and have given us.

If you want a guess, we can all flip a coin, but I do not think you want that, and I would not want to do that to you.

If you would like to provide the information needed, I/we would be more than happy to do the calculations needed to give you an accurate answer.

In fact, if you give us the VIN# along with the name and Zip Code of the Dealership, I can tell you the exact Invoice Price of that particular Edge.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello -

Just joined this forum this week. I think I got a steal on the Edge I bought two days ago. I previously ordered a 2011 Edge Sport, but this one came along at a good price and the 2011s won't be available until about September anyway.

2009 Edge Sport AWD

4K miles (dealer demo)

Visa roof

Navigation

Remote Start/auto lift-gate

22" wheels

$30,888

Thinking about trading it in for a similarly equipped '11 in September.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a used 07 base model AWD with 15,000 miles on it in March of 08 for $21,000.00 which included $3500 trade-in allowance for my 97 GMC Blazer. I don't know if this was a good deal or not. The used prices seem to be holding up pretty well on the Edges.

• 1 year later...

Got a certified 08 SEL with Premium Package, Vista Sunroof, 18" wheels, Sync with 32k miles for $18,000. Add $1300 for Premiumcare Plan up to 72K miles. Dealer also installed new Goodyear Fortera tires. Hopefully wife will enjoy the ride. I put in Husky liners in the front, rear and cargo area and rear bumper protector.

Will be seitching to Mobil 1 synthetic and Mobil1 filter from now on.

• 1 year later...

We found a 2008 SEL FWD, leather, Sirius, 95,000 miles but like new inside & out, paid $15,990

Might be a little high but it was one of only two on the lot (City Auto) and I felt lucky to get it.

Made a trip to FLA and back and was much more comfortable than my truck for that. I wasn't looking forward to a car again after a few years in a truck, but this was really nice to drive and ride in. Plenty of room, sits high enough but easy to get in and out of, perfect all around.

Only trouble so far was it didn't want to start once, may have been a loose battery cable connection, can't duplucate the problem to find out. It was weird, the solenoid clicked, no crank, didn't dim the lights when it tried to crank. A hard wiggle of the battery cable and it never happened again.

• 3 weeks later...

rsto,

Sounds like you did pretty darn good. Did your price include sales tax? My sticker was $32,390.00 , D plan $29,649.00 plus 7% tax and dealer cost of $100. = $32,454.00 - $3500.00 rebate = $28954.00 plus some haggling of $1454.00, OTD $27,500.00 Darn sales tax is a killer.

Larry

Northern,In

Ya it did include sales tax, not sure exactly what the percent was. I got them down to $24,300 and was given $4500 for trade in so taxes, title and everything came out to $1,549. Handed them the keys and title to my old truck, as well as a check for $21,349 and was given the keys and title for my new edge and I couldn't be happier considering that sticker was $29,985 like I said earlier.