2008 Ford Edge, Price Paid

gfhii

Hi,

Because it is interesting and also a valuable tool for some, I thought folks might be interesting in sharing prices paid for their configuration of the Edge, or what they've been offered, for advice.

I bought mine recently (2008 Edge, AWD, Limited Edition - Vista Roof, Navigation System). I paid $33, 600, including the delivery fee. What do folks think of that price? And has anyone done better?

Chris

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought my 2007 Edge SEL Plus AWD for $32,000 before rebates, $29,000 after. MSRP was $34,860. So it has every option except navigation and rear DVD system.

2007 SEL Plus AWD

Creme Brulle/Charcoal

Vista Roof

Chrome Clad Wheels

Towing Package

Revers Sensor System

Sirius Radio

Cargo Management System

Rubber Mats

I prefer XM been a subscriber for 4 years, and now have to put an aftermarket unit in my beautiful new Edge. I wish auto makers would give customers the choice of service.

I love my Edge, not the sportiest driving machine, but it looks great, has tons of room, and is very comfortable and quiet.

I bought my 2007 Edge SEL Plus AWD for $32,000 before rebates, $29,000 after. MSRP was $34,860. So it has every option except navigation and rear DVD system.

2007 SEL Plus AWD

Creme Brulle/Charcoal

Vista Roof

Chrome Clad Wheels

Towing Package

Revers Sensor System

Sirius Radio

Cargo Management System

Rubber Mats

I prefer XM been a subscriber for 4 years, and now have to put an aftermarket unit in my beautiful new Edge. I wish auto makers would give customers the choice of service.

I love my Edge, not the sportiest driving machine, but it looks great, has tons of room, and is very comfortable and quiet.

2007 SEL Plus AWD

Creme Brulle/Charcoal

Vista Roof

Chrome Clad Wheels

Towing Package

Revers Sensor System

Sirius Radio

Cargo Management System

Rubber Mats

I love my Edge, not the sportiest driving machine, but it looks great, has tons of room, and is very

What town do you live in?

comfortable and quiet.

You did a good job of negotiating. what town do you live in?

Raleigh, North Carolina, everyone is trying to move 2007's but most in the area are already gone, but I found a dealer with a lot of the Creme in stock. I wish I could get the Blazing Copper, but my company wants us to drive white, and for an extra $100 a month I will drive white all the way to the bank.

Raleigh, North Carolina, everyone is trying to move 2007's but most in the area are already gone, but I found a dealer with a lot of the Creme in stock. I wish I could get the Blazing Copper, but my company wants us to drive white, and for an extra $100 a month I will drive white all the way to the bank.

thanksfor the quick response

jb

• 2 weeks later...

just purchased a 2007 SEL FWD (bulit 9/07) for $23089 out the door - used 2500 rebates and other negotiated price from the sticker of $28020. Replaced an aging Mountaineer and never used the 4 wheel drive in 8 years. Also have an 05 GT Mustang vert for the joy factor - Like the Edge even though it does not have many bells and whistles and it will suit those times I take the Labrador and vist Home Depot and need the room to carry things home.

Still happy with the purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my SEL FWD for $30,000; well...financed $32,000 after rolling $2k of negative equity into it from my Maxima. :banghead:

MSRP was $33,500

Invoice was $31,500

Dealer was trying to move the 2007's so we got it for invoice and received $1,500 in incentives.

I got black with charcoal interior, chrome clad wheels and all options except navigation because I want a backup camera so am doing camera/navigation aftermarket instead.

Anyone drive both the AWD and FWD before buying? I drove both and noticed significantly more get-up-and-go from the FWD...that's why I got it instead of AWD.

I'm very happy with my new ride; it's larger and cost less than my (old) 2004 Maxima!

The guy in Raleigh did better than me...I"m just north of Charlotte in Mooresville, NC. (Race City USA)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, this is in a thread in the Classified area as well. Wasn't sure where to put it.......

OK, pulled the trigger and ordered the following:

2008 AWD Limited (30,134)

Panoramic Roof (1186)

White Sand Tri-Coat Paint (421)

Trailer Tow Package (336)

Rubber Mats (47)

Cargo Management System (55)

Sirius Satellite Radio (166)

5 Gals gas (yeah, they charge you!) (15.50)

FDAF Assessment Fee (458)

Dest and Del (705)

+ $150 over invoice

GRAND TOTAL $33,673.50 not including tax and license, doc fee

MINUS any applicable rebates or incentives at the time of delivery

The gas and FDAF fee kinda makes the warm and fuzzy part of this transaction disappear.

The salesman (as well as the sales manager) did say two things that I would like some feedback on from those of you in the know:

1. We cannot guarantee the final price of your order until the car is delivered because Ford may raise the price of an option or something and we will have to pass that on to you??????? Of course, I am immediately suspicious of this since I signed a contract for the above pricing. I figure if they pull that at time of delivery, then the gloves will come off then. Have any of you heard of a dealer doing this?

2. I wanted them to apply the current rebates/incentives but they again said I would get whatever was being offered by Ford at the time of delivery.

Why is it I can buy an unbuilt house for several hundred's of thousands of dollars, settle on the price with the builder, take possession 6 months later and not have to worry about the price of lumber going up?

Geez, this stuff is exactly why I hate buying a car. What an amazing alien world the whole purchasing of a motor vehicle has become. And they wonder why car dealers have a bad rep with the general public!

Overall, we are looking forward to our new Edge in 6-10 weeks. Hopefully, nothing will come up to queer the deal.

Thanks again, in advance, for shedding any helpful light on this.

Sorry, this is in a thread in the Classified area as well. Wasn't sure where to put it.......

OK, pulled the trigger and ordered the following:

2008 AWD Limited (30,134)

Panoramic Roof (1186)

White Sand Tri-Coat Paint (421)

Trailer Tow Package (336)

Rubber Mats (47)

Cargo Management System (55)

Sirius Satellite Radio (166)

5 Gals gas (yeah, they charge you!) (15.50)

FDAF Assessment Fee (458)

Dest and Del (705)

+ $150 over invoice

GRAND TOTAL $33,673.50 not including tax and license, doc fee

MINUS any applicable rebates or incentives at the time of delivery

The gas and FDAF fee kinda makes the warm and fuzzy part of this transaction disappear.

The salesman (as well as the sales manager) did say two things that I would like some feedback on from those of you in the know:

1. We cannot guarantee the final price of your order until the car is delivered because Ford may raise the price of an option or something and we will have to pass that on to you??????? Of course, I am immediately suspicious of this since I signed a contract for the above pricing. I figure if they pull that at time of delivery, then the gloves will come off then. Have any of you heard of a dealer doing this?

2. I wanted them to apply the current rebates/incentives but they again said I would get whatever was being offered by Ford at the time of delivery.

Why is it I can buy an unbuilt house for several hundred's of thousands of dollars, settle on the price with the builder, take possession 6 months later and not have to worry about the price of lumber going up?

Geez, this stuff is exactly why I hate buying a car. What an amazing alien world the whole purchasing of a motor vehicle has become. And they wonder why car dealers have a bad rep with the general public!

Overall, we are looking forward to our new Edge in 6-10 weeks. Hopefully, nothing will come up to queer the deal.

Thanks again, in advance, for shedding any helpful light on this.

Hi akbob. :D Okay, let's try to answer your questions one at a time.

First off, as to the price. It is not a bad price. The only way you would be able to do much better would be if you had a family member or friend who worked for Ford.

I get the feeling the Dealer is saying that he is charging you only $150 over "Invoice"? Is that the case? If it is, the price is very close to that amount (except for the "Doc Fee", but I will explain that later :banghead: ). Let's go over the figures:

According to my calculations (from the Ford AXZD-Plan website), the actual "Invoice" price for that vehicle, optioned as you want, is $33,508. This includes "FDAF", gas and "Destination/Delivery". Add $150 to that and you have $33,658. Then you would just need to add the tax, title and "Doc Fee" (which we all know is a bogus fee, manufactured by Dealerships to pump up their profit). The Dealer is charging you $33,673.50, so their calculator is not "too" far off. :shades:

If the Dealer is charging you any more than $75-$100 for that "Doc Fee", I would try to have them lower it (or removed completely). They are already making a tidy profit on the sale, as without getting into 'Holdback" and other details, the Dealer actually pays well below the "Invoice" price for that vehicle.

So all in all, you are not getting a bad price, just do not let them nickel and dime you with the "Doc Fee" or other charges.

Next question. Yes, if the price changes before your vehicle is produced and delivered, that is usually passed on to the buyer. Considering the state of car sales, and the economy, you should not need to worry about that much. However, if your vehicle comes in and they try to tell you that happened, insist on seeing the original "Factory Invoice" (not some doctored copy), and have them show you exactly where the price changed. Since they are changing the terms of the original purchase contract, you certainly have that right.

Finally, as to the Incentives. Yes, the Dealer is correct. You are entitled to the Incentives at the time of delivery, not at the time you order. Again, I would not worry much. While anything can happen, my educated guess would be that they will either remain the same, or possibly increase as the winter progresses.

Hope this information has been helpful (and not too confusing).

Good luck! :beerchug:

PS - And when comparing "purchase prices", you cannot compare "lease" pricing to actual "purchase prices". They are two completely different transactions. In leases, there is no "purchase" by the buyer. They are long term renting. And no matter how low a price they "think" they got for the "purchase price", the Dealer is more than making it up in the other complexities of the lease contract.

Edited by bbf2530