Opinions on Certified Pre Owned

I don't know a lot about CPO warranties. I'm guessing the warranty is as good as the dealers reputation. The ford warranty expires at 60,000. I don't know if you can buy an extended service plan through ford because of the mileage on this car. When I started shopping for an Edge I found that buying a low mileage used cost as much as a new one. I didn't want or need all the extra frills that some of the packages offer. I ended up finding a 2013 Sel ,FWD cloth etc. Just the base SEL which has all the options I need. I found it online then started calling and visiting dealers to get the best price I could. Long story short. 2013 SEL, built Jan.13 ,purchased Feb.13. Out the door price. $27,500. This included sale tax dealer cost, everything.

Larry

Northern,In

post-26092-0-61031900-1377518437_thumb.jpg

Thanks, guys. Yeah, like akirby said, it's Ford-backed. I wouldn't go for it any other way.

I bought my 2008 SEL as a CPO with 68000 on it. I also was able to get an extended warranty that covers the car for another 3 years 45000 mi. I paid 15500 for it, and couldn't beat that deal. It's not the newer style, but i like it.

So is that additional 3 years and 45,000 mi after the 7 year/ 100,000 mile (total) that the CPO warranty covers? Or is that in addition to the more comprehensive 1 year/ 12,000 mile (from current miles)? How much extra was that? Thanks!