3 chirps when remote locking. 2011 edge base model

2011edgese

This is definitely related to the "ajar warning" everyone seems to be having. I was getting the ajar warning light once in a while when closing the door. Although it was properly closed it would stay on until I reopen and closer again normally. Well when this issue was happening, my horn would chirp 2 times (when remote locking)meaning there's a door open. I just reopen and close and it chirps 1 time. We'll. .. yesterday I noticed it was giving me 3 chirps. Never done that. I just open all the door and close them and then it locks properly. So anyways. . This morning i sprayed electrical cleaner spray from Autozone on the latch mechanism and inside the keyhole on the driver side since that was the offending door. I sprayed the whole can. Now. .. my issue is totally gone. Do I assume dirt on the mechanism sensor was the culprit. But I can't find anything online what 3 chirp means. Anyone know?

Edited by 2011edgese

Does it chirp 3 times every time? Do you have a second remote and does it do the same?

Ā 

Possibly low battery indication?

has not done it again after the door ajar double horn issue I had like everyone else. I sprayed the latch well with electric cleaner. It went away. Just wondering what the 3chirps mean. And it did it on both remote control lockers.

• 4 months later...