Picked the Edge up from the port!

ThePit

Well after waiting 4 months for our Edge to arrive here in Germany, we finally got to go pick it up. The wait was worth it! Oh by the way, at 110 MPH, it does very well!

IMG_5742.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

Let's us know about some of the comments you get while driving around, I am sure that I am not the only one curious about the reception the Edge gets in Germany. By the way nice color. Enjoy your time the autobahn, it sure beats the 80 mph which is about the most of any us will ever see.

110MPH......Too bad i will only get going that fast on my xbox 360 forza 2 racing game. lol U gotta tell us what the limiter cuts u off at.......hit the autobahn now and get her rolling.

I can vouch for the 111 mph factory limiter cutoff (without going on the autobahn). Someone on this forum did add a program and was able to get more out of it. I remember him getting alot of flack for street racing or something, I think.

It did handle well, but I didn't stay there for long. Depending on the circumstances, the interstate launching pad (entrance ramp) is where you can routinely hit nearly 100 before even merging into the right lane.

I get mine in a few days. I can't wait to see how she does on the autobahn. 110 mph is about what I normally drive on open stretches. Does speed-limiter shut off the engine for a second, or does it just stop accelerating? What are the RPM's? How hard is it to drive through the construction zones?

Yikes, 110 in one of these? Are the tires even rated for that speed? I can't see that speed being safe in a vehicle like this, not to mention the awful gas mileage that it would produce! I've done 130 in my G35 Coupe, and that was scary enough! I guess the Autobahn is a road made for such speeds, though, with banked curves and wide lanes and stuff. I've heard the Edge's brakes aren't so hot, though, so it seems to me like it would be a bit nerve racking at such speeds!

Nice looking Edge, by the way. Looking at yours actually has me considering the 17" wheels now, if they're even available on the Limited. I hate those gawdy fake chrome ones.

Edited by cobra7

Yes, 110 in one of these. The OEM tires have a speed rating of 118mph. Wouldn't be prudent of the manufacturer to put on a tire with a speed rating less than what the vehicle is capable of. Can you say 'potential lawsuit'?

If you 'hate those gawdy fake chrome' wheels, how do you feel about the grill? It's the same material.

Edited by carbonedge+