Anyone out there with an HTC One

Ok. So I have been having an issue with my MFT system in my Edge now since the 3.6 update. Whenever i start my car there's a strong possibility my voice commands will not work when i hit the Sync button on my steering wheel. This doesn't happen all the time but usually 50% of the time. I have taken the car back to the dealership and they do a reset and it works fine.. However, when I go home i still have the same issue a few days later. They tell me its because my phone, an HTC One, isn't supported but that cannot be true as it is listed on the syncmyride website as a supported device. They said that they are having issues with my phone and the Sync system and that they cannot authorize an APIM replacement because after a hard reset voice commands work.

Does anyone have any advice on what i should do next.. because I'm to the point where I'm going to cause a scene in the dealership until they give me what i want.

Edited by rock7437

I have the same phone and have applied the update. Although I'm by no means any expert on this, I'm not sure what the phone would have to do with voice commands? They seem like 2 different entities. By the way, texting now works after the update (incoming ones are displayed and read).... I think to figure this out just leave your phone in the house and try your commands. I think you'll find it doesn't matter....

Keep good documentation of all your visits. If a problem is not resolved after three trips you can enlist the help of a lemon law attorney. I didn't understand the process before we had to do it for our 2011Explorer but there are many options. Ford may decide to pay you thousands back just for having to return multiple times.

Edited by Edgieguy

Thanks for the advice guys.. I actually took my Edge into the dealership and they are replacing the APIM.. i finally got pissed enough to make a scene in the dealership and they agree to replace the APIM and throw in some free oil changes for the inconvenience :) ... I will keep you guys updated if this indeed fixes the issue