The options are:

205a Package:

• MyTouch
  • Leather
  • Rear view camera
  • lighting...

Power Lift Gate

EcoBoost

They are asking $25,000 for it and I think this is a pretty darn good price for 10k miles and ~2 years old.

What say your fellow Edge owners? Is this a great deal? Should I look elsewhere? I would like the EcoBoost for the extra ~3 mpgs as this will be our "long trip" vehicle.

I would check the current price on a similarly equipped new 2013 model for comparison. For me it would have to be at least $10K cheaper to make it worthwhile.

I would also question why a vehicle that new with only 10K miles was sold or traded in by the previous owner.

MSRP on the vehicle was $35,500 in 2012. That being said, a similar equipped Edge today is the same price, how much lower than MSRP are people getting? I am guessing with X-Plan I could get to around $1k below MSRP for a vehicle the dealer didn't have in local stock...

So that puts the vehicle at about $9,000 off 2013 prices without incentives, $6k with? (Correct my math if I am wrong.)

The vehicle was a local trade from someone who consistently buys vehicles every year from this dealer. He apparently doesn't like to drive something over a year old.

Curious if this is a Ford dealership or not? I'm asking because if it is, you should be able to get it as a CPO and get the extra warranty that comes with it. If you have the VIN number handy, try entering it into a Google search. Sometimes it will return a free history report.

Sounds and looks like a pretty good price. It is lacking the navigation and the sunroof which really adds to these models, and which many buyers want. If you aren't interested in those, I wouldn't hesitate to follow up on it.

A current Limited has a base MSRP of $35,100 and with $2500 in current incentives has a X plan price of just below $31K so that would be the comparison point.

$25K is only about a $6K discount which isn't terrible with only 10K miles but personally I'd be looking for a bit more to make it worthwhile taking the chance on a used vehicle.

The good news is you still have a lot of factory warranty left.

Curious if this is a Ford dealership or not? I'm asking because if it is, you should be able to get it as a CPO and get the extra warranty that comes with it. If you have the VIN number handy, try entering it into a Google search. Sometimes it will return a free history report.

Sounds and looks like a pretty good price. It is lacking the navigation and the sunroof which really adds to these models, and which many buyers want. If you aren't interested in those, I wouldn't hesitate to follow up on it.

Sorry, yes the vehicle is a CPO. I dont care about sunroof but I would prefer navigation but there isn't anything I can do about that now...

So we pulled the trigger, we started the paperwork on a 2012 Ford Edge SEL CPO w/ ~10k miles and the extra CPO warranty.

We got it for $24,900 before tax and tag. Unfortunately the vehicle is in Pennsylvania so I will pick it up and drive it down to Texas after my next work trip. I purchased the Edge sight unseen but had someone go look at it for me but with 10k miles and still under bumper to bumper warranty I should be fine.

I am anxious to see if the Edge gets better mileage than my 255k mile Grand Prix on the highway.

Here is a link to the dealer listing:

http://laurelfordpa.com/Johnstown/For-Sale/Used/Ford/Edge/2012-SEL-Blue-Car/21003436/

Edited by murky024

That's too funny! When I was checking prices to see what other similar ones had sold for, I went to eBay and found one very similar. It was in Pennsylvania and you being in Texas, I thought no, that can't be the one you are talking about. I found some similar ones here in the Dallas area on other sites, but they weren't exactly like you had listed.

I give you credit for buying unseen and not having test driven it, and hope things work out for you.

Here's a link showing your original window sticker!

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=2FMDK3J98CBA18898

Edited by ls973800

That's too funny! When I was checking prices to see what other similar ones had sold for, I went to eBay and found one very similar. It was in Pennsylvania and you being in Texas, I thought no, that can't be the one you are talking about. I found some similar ones here in the Dallas area on other sites, but they weren't exactly like you had listed.

I give you credit for buying unseen and not having test driven it, and hope things work out for you.

Here's a link showing your original window sticker!

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=2FMDK3J98CBA18898

Yeah, I found it there and the dealer is about 1 hour from our rental house in PA. I figured it would be a good opportunity to stop by and see the house and old friends for a little...

Congrats, and hope it works out for you. I am sure you will get just a wee bit better mileage than the Grand Prix. Hopefully they have done the oil change for you, important on turbo'd vehicles.

I am going to make sure they have a fresh oil change and add front license plate brackets to the vehicle before I leave. I would have asked them to include tinting the front passanger and drivers side windows but tint isn't legal in PA so I will have matching tint done in TX myself.