2008 MKX on the way

brantyca

I ordered a 2008 MKX (monochrome black Limited, vista roof, THX) on September 19th. The dealer suggested about 8 weeks for delivery...he phoned today and said that it had arrived at the dealership! Obviously he was surprised (as was I) at the quick production turnaround.

I picked it up on October 29th.

I have posted some pictures in the gallery that my salesman took for me prior to picking it up and some pictures I took after we took delivery. :hyper:

Bill.

post-108-1194145436_thumb.jpg

post-108-1194145518_thumb.jpg

post-108-1194145601_thumb.jpg

post-108-1194145642_thumb.jpg

Edited by brantyca

• 2 weeks later...
I have posted some pictures that my salesman took for me in the gallery. :hyper:

Bill.

Good Gawd, that looks like someone let their kid have a box of crayon's to play with. Glad I now saw that grill. Most pictures that have alluded to it, show the main horizontal and vertical bars as still being chrome. I was thinking of ordering just the grill, but not now. And Even thou the Styling department, might think it's a Lincoln and people should keep it clean, that is NOT real world experience.

That white leather on the seats will discolor in a heartbeat. I liked the looks of the Camel interior in pictures til I saw one in person, and that was the first thoughts I had, how hard it would be to keep clean, and then once it starts to show dirt, you have reached a "I give up point". No offense to your vehicle, But the change to dark button's on the center console, the blacked out grill and the 2 tone seats. MAN, they pimped this one good. The two-tone gray/red seats in the Edge..... It works in a Mustang, but I don't see it in the Edge/MKX platform.

/edit OH MAN, you even got that chrome running up the windows and the chrome door handles. NOT on Black. They have copied Harley. The aftermarket people are supplying all this stuff, and now they say "Well if they can sell it, we'd better get into it." I personally like to get most thing's from the factory, BUT I went and looked at the Buick Enclave CUV and when I priced their Nav/Radio combo, that was over 5K for just that. That's when I'd have to say NO and start looking at aftermarket.

Edited by 07 MKX

Nice looking - my wife drives an '07 Black on Black. Yours will be a real eye catcher.

The white inserts look good but will require a little more attention. Wet (or any new) blue jeans are a definate No-No. Keep some good leather cleaner and preservative around. I had a full white leather interior in a Mustang GT convertible. You will know when to clean it.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours. :happy feet:

"OH MAN, you even got that chrome running up the windows and the chrome door handles. NOT on Black."

"I can definitely do without the chrome trim around the windows."

Thats just plastic going up between the windows, It will be balck when PREP takes it off.

As far as keeping it clean, I would be more worried about keeping that grill clean.

I think the monochrom's awesome also.

Thats just plastic going up between the windows, It will be balck when PREP takes it off.

As far as keeping it clean, I would be more worried about keeping that grill clean.

I think the monochrom's awesome also.

I think the grill is a black chrome , you can get the chrome for the windows at places like Bright Trim.. it does look like chrome in the picture.

Edited by 07 MKX

Under the window is chrome, but all the Edge's and MKX's come with a white plastic tape that protects the black plastic between the windows. I like the chrome door handles but think on a monochrome the handles should be black. All black with the chrome wheels would be sweet. Still nice ride!!

I finally picked up my MKX last night! What a sweet ride! The monochrome package is really great - the chrome rims are quite something. I will take some additional pictures on the weekend and post them in the gallery.

The seats include a light stone (not white) insert and piping around the edge and I think it is a good match with the interior. The light stone colour is what is in my wife's Zephyr and dirt has not been a problem.

The ride is very solid and real quiet. I will post more as I put on the miles.

Bill.

2008 MKX Monochrome Limited, Vista Roof, THX, adaptive headlights.

Been shopping for a MKX for a couple weeks now and really fell in love with the White Chocolate Tricolor color. Test drove the Edge first but needed a change from driving another FORD. At least the MKX doesn't say FORD and it keeps my Ford Lovin Hubby happy . Priced both the 2008 and 2007 and last night bought the 2007 MKX model loaded. The only thing I regret is not getting the Sync that the 2008 have but maybe in a few years plus there was a $4000.00 difference that I couldn't see paying. The 2007 have a $2000 cash rebate and made it worth the purchase. Really love the ride and comfort that I just couldn't get in my Ford Escape. Signed Happy Lincoln MKX owner of 1 day!