SYNC and cell phones

Okay...lemme bring another topic to the table...

I have seen the SYNC videos, I have checked the list of cellular phones that are SYNC friendly...and yes, I have read that most blue tooth phones "should" work with SYNC...

But...what do you all think?

I have a Moto Q right now, and it is available with SYNC already...BUT, verizon has a new touch screen coming out, the LG VX10000 Voyager, and I want it!!! It is said to be available in November...

It has Blue tooth, but what if, just what if, it doesnt work with SYNC?

I mean, what do you all think the chances are that a bluetooth capable phone will not work with SYNC?

Edited by npggirl

Okay...lemme bring another topic to the table...

I have seen the SYNC videos, I have checked the list of cellular phones that are SYNC friendly...and yes, I have read that most blue tooth phones "should" work with SYNC...

But...what do you all think?

I have a Moto Q right now, and it is available with SYNC already...BUT, verizon has a new touch screen coming out, the LG VX10000 Voyager, and I want it!!! It is said to be available in November...

It has Blue tooth, but what if, just what if, it doesnt work with SYNC?

I mean, what do you all think the chances are that a bluetooth capable phone will not work with SYNC?

I do know (from the links that our multi-lingual car salesman gave us), the LG VX9900 is SYNC compatible.

I can't find anything that mentioned compatibility with the 10000.

Probably too early still.

I do know (from the links that our multi-lingual car salesman gave us), the LG VX9900 is SYNC compatible.

I can't find anything that mentioned compatibility with the 10000.

Probably too early still.

Hey there "Edge Master" *grin*

Yeah, the phone is coming out sometime in Nov., so probably is too early...

Well, if you hear anything...lemme know...please!!

:)

Thanks!!!

Edited by npggirl

• 4 weeks later...

There is a list a phones that Microsoft and Ford guarantee will work with SYNC. The list of these phones, as you correctly indicated, is available at www.SyncMyRide.com.

Naturally, we cannot guarantee that a particular furture phone will work. If the phone properly supports the necessary bluetooth profiles (which the Voyager does, according to manufacturer specifications) it should work properly with SYNC. This, in general, is true of all new phones. However, some phones have bugs and will not function properly. For most cases, you can assume that the hands-free functionality of a new phone will work properly with SYNC. Media and Text Messaging features are much more finicky - I would not assume they will work.

• 3 months later...

For those with NAV and a bluetooth phone NOT compatible for phonebook Download...I've stumbled onto a Way to get names and numbers stored (SORT OF) for easy(er) access. :shades:

First take your cell to a Service provider store: Verizon sprint Etc. And ask them if a software update is available for your phone(its worth a shot, but for my phone it did not help compatibility). :redcard:

IF you enter the address book screen of your Nav, you can enter addresses and names as destinations. you MUST ENTER AN ADDRESS FIRST otherwise it will attempt to use the number you enter to match an address to it, which obviously wont work for cell phone numbers you enter. Enable the voice tag option at the bottom and confirm that its "OK"

After you save the name, number and address to ur address book Press your Sync voice BUTTON say "NAVIGATION" "DESTINATION ,(NAME OF ENTRY)" and it will turn your map to navigating you there and you should see the name/info button press that then "dial"(or press the destination button on your radio And from there press "address book" then the name u saved then "info" and you will see "dial.")

YES this is LESS convienient Than it would be if your phone WERE compatible, but for those not willing to buy a new cell JUST to match their Sync, it'll Do. :rockon:

interesting work around.... thanks for the tip... seems the one downfall here is that this would eat up the available 25 (?) destinations you can store in your navi?

Very True, but I don't regularly call more than 25 people or need directions to 25 places since if i travel them often enough i know how to get there,so It'll do.

Edited by NJ08EDGE