List of Mods Goal -- inputs requested!!

Hey guys, I'm new to this forums and I'm a proud owner of 2011 Ford Edge SE. It's a beautiful black beast -- but I want to make it even more of a beast than it is. As mentioned, it's an all black beast but with bright chrome grille. To be honest, silver chrome against all black is what sold me in the first place. However, after browsing through this forum -- I've had a change of heart and love the idea of matte/glossy black grille with a murdered look.

Here's a list of all the mods I want to do to my vehicle (will aim to complete over the next couple months):

• Plasti-Dip the grille and wheel (I will remove the bumper for the grille and my wheel use hubcap so it's removable) (ordered via DipYourCar.com for 5 black cans plus 2 glossifier for $50.81 plus $9.87 for S&H)
  • Carbon Fiber Stub Antenna (orded via CARiD for $10.80 plus $7.66 for S&H)
  • LED Interior Lighting - will purchase from DAYTIMEbrightlites.com ($59 if send back old light kits)
  • Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT via redlinetuning.com ($69.95 - $89.95)
  • Running board and roof rack (prices varies depending on which I select)

Here's additional list of all mods I want to also do but need more research and hopefully your inputs:

• Daytime Running Light - will purchase also from DAYTIMEbrightlites.com ($215 per set) - My car didn't come with any daytime running light. So my concerns is wiring. Are they included? Have anyone had their Edge that didn't come with daytime running light and later installed without any hitch? Any advices on this would be greatly appreciated!
  • My car also did not come with side mirror puddle light. Is it possible to install one regardless or I am doomed to have to replace the entire side mirror just to get the puddle light included??
  • I want replace the exhaust system and trying to choose between MagnaFlow and Gibson. Via CARiD, Gibson is the cheaper one by nearly $300. Both increase performance in terms of horsepower, torque, and even improved economy. I'm Deaf so sounds doesn't matter much as vibration does -- but it would be nice to see more heads turned when I drive by. :D So what are your recommendation between the two options??
  • I'm looking to adding more daytime running light or fog light within the front grille -- saw some forum about this specifically and they look awesome. This will require research since I know wiring and custom works is required on this.
  • Illuminated Door Sill
  • HID custom headlights via https://www.facebook.com/DynamikiLLu51ons?fref=ts
  • Last but not the least -- MAYBE a bull bar guard. Seem no one is interested in that for their Edge..wonder what's everyone's thought on that??

Here's my baby - I apologize for the photo quality - as you can see, its in a parking garage and from my phone camera. I've also included a picture where the daytime running light usually goes but since my car didn't come with one, it instead came with a plastic filler. I'm hoping that if I remove it, there's wiring in place to hook up the daytime running light. Can anyone confirm? I also included my side mirror with a (hopefully clear) view of the bottom and confirm whether or not it's possible to add puddle light without replacing the whole thing. So far it doesn't look possible and I'm hoping I'm wrong.

post-27962-0-28152900-1382369263_thumb.jpg

post-27962-0-00409400-1382369565_thumb.jpg

post-27962-0-07032100-1382369567_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Tmood, Our EDGE-2 DRLs come with everything you need to install on your Edge that did not come with factory lights or wiring. As for installing puddle lights. do have the hole with a black round cover over it on the underside of the mirror? If you do, then you can install puddle lights. There is not any wiring, but you can run two wires from the mirrors into the car and connect them to the dome light circuit. (Be sure to add inline fuse protection to each mirror).

Welcome & congrats, TMood! You've got a great list of mods lined up :) Opinions on the exhaust system are varied, as expected. To me, both look good and sound good. The Gibson is a bit more "aggressive" than the Magnaflow. Both are Stainless Steel, I assume 304 variety, so longevity should not be a problem.

Your Edge is gonna be pretty rad when done :rockon:

• 1 month later...

As far as puddle lights you will have to add the wires and make your own holes for it. I don't get why putting a hole in the mirror housing at the bottom for an LED would be such a big deal? Its not like its a sealed unit anyway. I want to do the same and want to avoid making holes for wires so I am going to look in to getting a wire harness plug from a junkyard and remove the pins and re-use them so it will look factory. I'm not sure what the inside of the mirror looks like yet, it may have a plug there too or just hard wired. I know all the pins are present on the outside of the mirror where the harness connects. The socket just isn't completely populated with wires/contacts. I want to do the same for my HID kit.

LOL.. well it looks like I will get a chance to do a detailed inspection of the mirror housing etc... I back in to my garage and the passenger mirror pressed in to the wall rather than hit it and fold and the end broke. I took it apart and have it working but the edge is cracked and missing lots of pieces so I ordered a new one. Now I can inspect and test to my hearts content on a bum mirror !

Edited by 12Edge

• 2 months later...

muffer sys get it from a local shop car id is a rip off reason u hav to pay for it from them and the local shop will charge u an arm and leg to install its better togo to a local shop the deal is buy it from them and cheap to no price to install...now as far as lighting anything u want u can do the fog lights buy them from the site u hav and add a switch and a fuse to it or run them to fuse panel look in the manuel to see what fuse section they would be in and connect it there.. puddle lights go to the dealer and buy the bulb or from the website where u seen the fog lights take off ur mirrors and cut a hole in them to the size of the bulb and they should lock in with there little tabs just run a line to ur center light to give u power... if anything else hit me up or anyone else and we will help