how to replace headlight bulb on 2011 Edge

Remember also not to touch the new bulb with just your bare fingers. Use a cloth or gloves to prevent oil from your skin getting onto the bulb. This will result in shorter bulb life if the bulb gets contaminated with skin oil or other chemicals.

Never really saw it happen, but I've always heard about it happening.

• Like 1

IF you are turning it in the correct direction, it may just be a matter of putting constant pressure on it. That's what I had to do with a late model Honda Pilot that was a PITA to work with. Also, if the area is dirty, clean it up first to make it easier. I THINK Dan (kc300c) may still have his HID installation video on YouTube, may give some hints in there.

Thanks again for all the responses. I have done for bulb change, which is halogen bulb. It is working. But I am not sure the bulb and the cover are secure there because I did not feel I turn them lot. I hope they will not fall out because of loose.

One thing I noticed is there is humudity inside light lense. So how to dry it? and keep it dry inside?

I actually found that taking the headlight units off of the vehicle is a much easier way to replace bulbs. Just way more time consuming because you have to remove parts of the grill to get to the screws. Here is a thread I posted on removing your headlights:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12812-how-to-remove-headlights;-2011-models/?do=findComment&comment=99347

For the issue of your headlights fogging up, you could try dropping a silicon packet into the headlight unit. Should help with soaking up humidity. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Dry-Packs-Cotton-Silica-Packet-Pack/dp/B0038N30OY

There's not a lot of room to work with, so expect to bust a knuckle or two and drop a few f-bombs.

LMAO! I definitely dropped some f-bombs when doing my HID conversion.