SYNC Support Reporting for Duty

FordIVTteam

Thanks Antonio,

You basically just re-iterated what syncmyride.com says. It tells me I have the latest and greatest as of June 2010!! Please don't take any offense as this is not intended for you but four years without an update is really pathetic. As far as hardware goes, there is nothing different that was in phones in 2010 that are not in phones made today. Its a software patch!! Please Ford...play nice with microsoft and android and fix this issue!!

Also, at least 500+ new phones have come out since 2010. Am I really expected to believe Ford is still testing all the latest phones with THIS version of sync? Four years without an update is as much proof as I need that Ford abandoned SYNC Gen1 all together. Come on Ford...People are still making payments on the cars bought in 2010. Have some loyalty to your customers

Edited by Carlo74

Hi,

can you confirm if sync updates are different within different countries ? I have seen people in this forum mention the latest update (which I do not have), but sync my ride and my dealership tells me that I have the latest one. When I told my dealer about the update, they said that some updates are not available outside of the united states, which is surprising.

I am in Canada and own a 2011 Edge SEL with MFT.

Thank You

Well, support.ford.com says that I am on version V3.5.1, but that I am up to date. To be fair, my sync history on that website seems pretty screwed up.

To be more accurate, how can I confirm from the vehicle which version I am running ?

I also sent you my vin# by PM.

Thank You

The most accurate source for your software version is your MFT. Try this in your Edge, youri631:

Gears > ? HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W Version:

If it was updated to v3.6.2, it'll show x.xx.13171_PRODUCT; however, if it shows x.xx.12285_PRODUCT, you are still on v3.5.1. I did receive your PM, and I'll take a look at your software on my end, but let me know what your MFT says.

Rebecca