Defrost so cold

According to the manual, A/C turns on automatically with the DEFROST function. You can try turning that off. I did not find any mention in the Owners Manual that the defroster air will only blow cold.

Do you have automatic climate control? You can try putting it into manual mode and then turn on the DEFROST.

No heating/cooling problems otherwise in the cabin?

I was told the same thing...ours noticeably drops the cabin temp to the point we can't leave it on. Gave up on pushing this like many issues with Ford since it goes no where and isn't worth the frustration.

If you are talking about a warranty claim then I would try a different dealership.

Yeah...just tired of arguing with them. At all but one dealer I actually felt bad for them. Having worked as an OEM (not cars) I had to deal with failures so I know what it is like when the company ties your hands. That is the impression I got from the three dealers I have tried but the one was definitely an ass.

I wish there was an option to turn the AC off when using defrost or at least when floor/defrost is selected. Not much humidity when it's -30 out. Waste of fuel to run the AC compressor all winter.

Most cars are like this. My Mitsubishi Galant did it, my dads corolla does it, our crown Vics at work do it, I think they pretty much all do it.

I agree. Every car I've had back to a 74 Dart did this when you slid the control to defrost. 63 Valiant didn't do it, but then it didn't have AC.

The difference is that with the AC light on a switch now, you know that it is doing it.

Difference is the temp is not controllable as it is in every other vehicle I have owned spanning domestics...european and japanese. In my old Integra the defroster got so hot it cracked my windshield since I had a stone chip. In the Edge the cabin temp drops as we keep it on so I have to switch back and forth.