Snow on 22's Causes Car to Shake

trigg

what a pain. any snow inside the massive wheel causes major vibrations. wasn't expecting this. twice I had to pull over to clean out the inside of the rim of snow so the car would vibrate all over the road.. im not talking filled with snow just and inch or so inside the rim.

I've had this issue on 20", but rarely, actually once or twice. In my case though it was a fair chunck of ice.

I find it difficult to think just a bit of snow would throw off the balance, but your experience says it all.

It'll be interesting to see if others have the same experience. If so, then there is a potential design flaw on those rims.

Edited by cv27

had vibration on front steering until I got the snow of the inside of the rim..

then driving again I had vibration that seemed to have been coming from the rear. whole dash was vibrating. pulled over again and on the passenger rear wheel there was snow in the rim. once I cleared the snow off no more vibration. the other side was clear. wasn't a lot of snow but the inside of the rim was covered with think layer all around.

Edited by trigg