2013 Sport Lease Help

WakeNJ

Hi all,

My current lease of a 2012 Escape is due to expire next month and I will almost definitely be leasing a new Edge at that time. Through my employer I am eligible for x plan pricing and I am looking for some opinions / tips on how to get the best deal on the new lease.

My ideal Edge would be a 2013 Sport FWD in Ignot Silver with Driver Entry, Vision, Vista roof, and Navigation. Per the x plan website, the x plan price would be $39,663 less incentives of $3,200 would net to $36,413. If I had to order this vehicle then this would seem like a pretty good, hassle free price but there is a local dealer that has this exact Edge in stock and would like to think that I would be able to do better on my own. Ideally, I would like to have about $5k out of pocket at lease signing and then pay $300 a month for 36 months. I am hoping that the experts on here can let me know if this seems realistic or not.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

It's tough to beat X plan pricing for most folks. You still get the rebates, etc. And they can compute the lease on X plan pricing minus any rebates and other cash (loyalty) deals offered to you. Any dealership will likely do X plan on any Edge they have in stock. With no hassle. Also....no advertising fee added. Ford looks over the deals to make sure you get priced right.

Edited by RJG

What is nice about the X plan is that the dealer can only charge a certain amount for "Doc fees" which is basically just a dealer add on of pure profit. I've seen some dealers have fees of up to $500.00! Doing a search, I found that the fee the dealer can charge can not exceed $100.00 For some reason I was thinking it was capped at $125.00. Regardless, it can save some money by having a cap on it.

Correct. X plan used to be 0.4% below dealer invoice with a $75 doc fee. It went up to 0.4% below invoice plus $275 and doc fee went up to $100. Still a good no haggle price.

The best part is they make sure you get all incentives including dealer incentives that the public normally wouldn't get.

Thanks for all the responses. I'll be heading to the dealer on the 27th and will report back with how it goes. I just got the brochure I requested with the $750 private cash but says that it cannot be used with A/X/Z plans. Anyone have success using this along with x plan?

I am from NJ but am planning on going to All American Ford in Old Bridge as they have a sport, limited, and an SEL that fit my wants and/or needs. Anybody have experience with this dealership?

Me, just bought my 3rd vehicle from them. Always treated me fair. Ask for Joe Gemino, tell him Steve from Old Bridge sent you.

I just bought a 2013 SEL AWD for the missus.