let's play I spy

csaw

c'mon guys, anybody else spot any edges yet? We know from the above posts that they have made their way into the states, I was hoping that this thread would help give everyone an idea how fast their distribution is taking place. Maybe the majority are being shipped by rail and are not immediately visible.

A few things I need help with. We ordered a black SEL back in July with the roof. I learned from this site that shipping started a week ago. I called my dealer yesterday and he didn't even know that. HE said he has a serial number and a month ago he had a delivery date sometime in November. I noticed on Fords website that were (Minnesota) starting to get some. I called the dealers that the site said had some, but htey said that htey have never got them. Why would that be? I also noticed that all of the card are se's without roofs. Are the roofs not coming for awhile. I'm looking for some inside/truth info to see if my car isn't coming for a long time. We were excited to here they shipped last week, but know I'm thinking that I'm not going to see our car for a long time. Thanks-

Legacy Ford, in Brunswick, Ohio (approx. 20 miles south of Cleveland) got their first Edge in today. A Light Sage one, that is all I know. It is a little frustrating that they already got one, and I was the first person to order one from them, including the dealership's own orders. However on the bright side, he said they have my invoice and that they should have mine in 7-10 days. He says mine was built last Friday the 8th, and the invoice is dated the 12th. I'll believe him once it is in my driveway!!!

Roy O'Brian Ford, St. Clair Shores, Michigan has a Edge SE in Creme Brulee. All I have to say is that it's beautiful and if I end up with an SE over the SEL I will be happy. However, that color IMHO sucks. Too Lincoln and should of not been offered on the Ford Edge. That color doesn't do it justice. However, I wasn't too impressed w/ the material they used on the seats and neither did my wife so we will most likely take the SEL because of the upgraded material.

Ā 

I'm getting kind of excited however I just made my car payment so most likely I will not want it until the end of the month or the first week of January when my next payment is due.

Ā 

:hyper:

Ā 

Bill

An Edge made it "Way Down South in Dixie" already!

The Ford dealer in Montgomery, Alabama, got one yesterday.

A basic model in beige.

I'm waiting for our Redfire SEL Plus with all the bells and whistles to arrive, hopefully sometime next month.

Cool - the first one to hit that far down South :happy feet:

Ā 

I didn't hear about the ones at Demmer in Wayne. Are they still there or have they been delivered?

Cool - the first one to hit that far down South :happy feet:

Ā 

I didn't hear about the ones at Demmer in Wayne. Are they still there or have they been delivered?

Ā 

Ā 

Was by Pat Milliken in Redford, MI (Detroit) they had 10 in the lot Black, Amethyst, and Copper, BAMR, and no BAMR.

I'm in toledo, oh for the holidays, have seen 3 Edges at local dealers Dune Pearl Metallic - yuck, Creme Brulee - yuck and a black one. Also saw a black MKX with BAMR - very sharp except for the grill. I would like to have seen the MKX with a variation of the MKZ grill - would have been very cool.

Finally saw & got to test drive one here in Fort Wayne, IN. It was a redfire SE. Pretty plain as far as options, but it was at least here and I was able to test drive. I would agree with other people who have classified the ride as "comfortable" very smooth and quiet. I like the driver seat alot, very good side support. I wouldn't say you're going to win any slalom races. When turning you can tell that it is a fairly heavy vehicle. The steering was precise and tracked well, but in back and forth turns you can feel the weight of the vehicle. Brake was fine, during my test drive, I did have the occasion to hit the brakes pretty agressively - another idiot on a cell phone - that's another topic, the brakes reacted well. After finally driving one, makes me feel good about my order. My salesperson told me that ship date on mine is scheduled for 1/5/07. The Lincoln_Mercury dealer next door to the ford dealership received a black MKX with BAMR, fairly loaded. I may go over to check it out tomorrow.

Finally saw & got to test drive one here in Fort Wayne, IN. It was a redfire SE. Pretty plain as far as options, but it was at least here and I was able to test drive. I would agree with other people who have classified the ride as "comfortable" very smooth and quiet. I like the driver seat alot, very good side support. I wouldn't say you're going to win any slalom races. When turning you can tell that it is a fairly heavy vehicle. The steering was precise and tracked well, but in back and forth turns you can feel the weight of the vehicle. Brake was fine, during my test drive, I did have the occasion to hit the brakes pretty agressively - another idiot on a cell phone - that's another topic, the brakes reacted well. After finally driving one, makes me feel good about my order. My salesperson told me that ship date on mine is scheduled for 1/5/07. The Lincoln_Mercury dealer next door to the ford dealership received a black MKX with BAMR, fairly loaded. I may go over to check it out tomorrow.

Ā 

i'm up in northwest indiana about 20 mins outside of chicago, i test drove a AWD SE Silver. I liked the drive a lot. Only thing i can gripe about is the reflection of the dashboard on the windsheid, its more evident then most cars but still not to big of a deal. I havn't ordred one i'm just banking on sweeping one off the lot as soon as they come in. A few dealers are supposed to get about 5 each around here in the next week, one of which is SEL AWD loaded, which i am looking for :)