Just picked up my 2008 Limited (almost Loaded)

stevecasco

Just picked up the Loaded limited. I am a little dissapointed today.

Waited months for this Car, it is beautiful.

Automatic rear hatch, stopped working on first day.

Just goes up and down like a ride at the amusement park.

When I get this fixed and I am in a better mood about the car I will post pics and give full review.

I will compare it to the 2007 that I had for the last few weeks.

Edited by stevecasco

Just picked up the Loaded limited. I am a little dissapointed today.

Waited months for this Car, it is beautiful.

Automatic rear hatch, stopped working on first day.

Just goes up and down like a ride at the amusement park.

When I get this fixed and I am in a better mood about the car I will post pics and give full review.

I will compare it to the 2007 that I had for the last few weeks.

Ok, I everything is working well on the hatch part. It must have been a fluke because after I had the car sit there for a couple of hours it closed and opened no problem. Plus a good thing happened, the dealership showed me, I can hand close it if I had to.

Love the car. Would change some things if they asked.

The funny thing is most of the complaints I have been hearing on the site, since the beginning, are actually true. I always just thought you guys were too particular. All in all, I am very happy.

The price was not good. First 2008 in this area. They got me good!

I have 18 wheels. (which I love) and no Navigation. Everything else is loaded.

They got me for 3000 down and $450 a month. Ouch!

I was so needy for the car, they knew they had me at the first Sync operation!

Edited by stevecasco

Ok, I everything is working well on the hatch part. It must have been a fluke because after I had the car sit there for a couple of hours it closed and opened no problem. Plus a good thing happened, the dealership showed me, I can hand close it if I had to.

The funny thing is most of the complaints I have been hearing on the site, since the beginning, are actually true. I always just thought you guys were too particular. All in all, I am very happy.

sounds like a nice vehicle,congrats.

is it just me or isnt LOADED be with EVERY OPTION?

like navi and 20's?

Hey there. So what are the complaints you are speaking of?

brakes, shiny dash?

would like to hear your views.

Hey there. So what are the complaints you are speaking of?

brakes, shiny dash?

would like to hear your views.

Ok, so my car is not loaded, but for me it is loaded with a lot of stuff. I would never consider 20

's being part of the loaded package, because that is personal preference and I do not like at all the spoke pattern on the 20s. So I do not have the navigation system on my 2008 Limited.

The BAMR sun roof could have a much better wind deflector. The one they have just makes for a whole lot of unnecessary noise. The one line display for the sync system is not good, you barely know what it says.

They should have not taken air controls off the steering wheel. Cruise control takes up too much room and could be done with one toggle button, instead of three. There should be a passenger side fan control for the air and shut offs for the air on their side. The BAMR controls should be lit up so you can see where the heck they are without turning on cabin light and the controls should be one touch instead of having to hold entire time. The menu controls for the sync system on the radio are poor to terrible.

And as much as I really, really hate to admit it because I made fun off the previous posts...

There really is a serious glare at times on windshield. ARGH, I said it.

The air conditioning is not great. At times it is seriously lacking. Gas Mileage so far is just 16mpg.

Postive notes: The head rests are way better than the 2007. The sound system sounds good to very good.

The BAMR is a great plus, The automatic rear hatch is great. The auto start feature from Ford is great. The Sync is incredibly fun. I love the The Bridgestone Tires and 18 rims, Whether they are plastic or not I like them. The seats are very comfortable and I am a 6-1 240lb. man. Car is nice on the inside. Nice touches. Drives good and handles much better than they said it would, (consumer Reports). I love to be able to talk clear on the blue tooth phone, (people say that my phone sounds better in the car than out of car.) Sat. radio comes with radio for 6 months. There are many more positives than negative in my mind for this car.

I am pleased and feel blessed to have this particular vehicle. I just feel that Ford can address these other things and make a near perfect car. By the way, I have no problem with the brakes so far

I have NEVER seen an Edge with 18 wheels!

Please!! POST PICS!!!!!

I don't know exactly what has changed, The loaded 2007 edge I drove for 2 weeks the headrest was more angled so it pushed my head downx and it was hard as a rock. This one is much more cushy and less of an angle.

Well I couldn't tell any difference with the headrest. I didn't have a chance to do a side by side comparison but I made a point to inspect each one on different occasions and the 2008 headrest seemed just as annoying to me as the '07's.