Buying 2011 Ford Edge Sport - ESP? TireCare?

My wife and I are purchasing a 2011 Ford Edge Sport with 19,000 miles- picking it up on Friday.

The dealership we are working with is trying to sell me the following:

Ford Premium Care Service Plan

48 Months/48,000 Miles/$100 Deductible

$1560.00

Ziebart Rust Protection

$584.00

Ford Tire Care

72 Months/Unlimited/$0 Deductible

$330.00

Given that the car has the 22" wheels on it, and we live in Rochester, NY with the tough winters I am inclined to take Tire Care.

I am considering the ESP. However, I see that Floodfordesp.com is selling the same Premium Care Service Plan for $550.00. Has anyone purchased an ESP online (through Flood or anywhere else)? The price difference is significant, i'm just wondering if I am missing something. The truck we are buying has all sorts of gadgets (Panoramic sunroof, Nav system, ect) i'm kind of concerned about something happening to down the road.

Has anyone purchased the Tire Protection? Seems like other boards i've read imply that it is kind of a ripoff. But from what I understand a new 22" rim runs around $1,000 and a new tire is $300.

Any help, or advise would be appreciated.

Can't comment on the plans, but I do know people have successfully shopped for them online & are happy with the pricing. Flood has one of the best prices around. The only thing to consider is out-of-pocket costs. When buying with the vehicle, rolled into financing; buying separately, a lumpsum.

*Curb and cosmetic damages to the wheels are excluded.

Don't forget that those 48 months or 48000 miles for the ESP started counting from the day the vehicle was first put into service! That means you only have 29000 miles and perhaps as little as 18 months or so, depending when the car was first sold. You may want to consider a longer warranty period if you plan on keeping the car longer.

You see for yourself the savings you can find online for the ESP. I've never done the tire/wheel warranty, but you can always find wheels on eBay, in the classified on here, or on Craigslist for a lot less than the dealer!. You also have auto insurance which may cover any damages, just don't know what kind of deductible you have.

I bought my Edge from them and they were very easy to buy from, but they were definitely trying to make some extra money on the add ons which I turned down. They wanted to sell me my ESP for $1800.00, but I ended up buying it for half price from there own website and I was able to get a lesser deductible of $50.00 and extra 15k miles more, extra year and 1st day rental. If I was to purchase it from the dealer at time of sale it would have cost me more than twice what there website cost. It makes much more sense at 900.00.

Edited by CinnamonEdge