Ford extended warranty question?

vrdublu

I recently bought a 2011 Edge Sport. I bought it used from a Kia dealer and got a great deal. The funny thing is, it's an even better deal than I thought. Apparently the vehicle comes with the 6/150000km extended warranty. The problem is, I have to get a written document from previous owner stating that he's transferring the warranty over to me. Ford trying to make me jump through hoops or what? What difference does it make at this? It's already bought and paid for, should be transfered with the ownership and original manufacturers warranty at time of purchase. There's got be a way around this, this is ridiculous? Thoughts?

Exactly. When the owner traded the vehicle in to a dealership, he could have received a pro-rated refund from Ford for the unused remaining warranty. If he did nothing, then perhaps he could transfer it to the new owner. There is a fee involved for administrative paper work and to issue the new policy in the new owner's name.

I have never traded in a vehicle and not applied for the refund. When I sold it myself, I always offered the warranty to the buyer as a part of the purchase price. It was with the understanding that they pay for and file for the transfer of the warranty with my assistance if needed.

• Like 1