Evolution Performance, Inc - Custom Tuned Ford Edge - More Power and Torque!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. You can adjust the tune yourself when you put it in the car. It asks you if you want to modify the parameters. Just drop the global timing by two degrees and you will be good...! I'm sure someone else on here can either confirm or educate me if i'm wrong but I would think if you retard timing two degrees that it would be just fine. 1 degree retard for 89 octane, 2 for 87, and 3 for 85.

I have an SCT3 on order from Evolution, and am considering changing my tires/wheels from factory to aftermarket. The aftermarkets are about 1 inch less diameter. Does anyone know if you can change the tire size parameters yourself or do you have to send it back to the tuner. BTW I only have access to Mac computers.

With a SCT flash tune, your dealer will not find it as long as you take aftermarket tune out before taking it to dealer. Only way the dealers knew you had a chip in your PCM is because you have to rid of a silicone type on the connectors. The tuner is a good way to go this day in time. Grab an intake and a tuner, you will be getting better gas mileage for sure.

Ā 

Kevin

Wrong info Blazin... I was in my edge with the ford tech when I programmed and unprogrammed it. There is a code they can see on their scanner that it has been tampered with, whether or not the tune is still in there.

Ā 

Fakesnake, you can adjust the tire size on your programmer, just say yes when it asks if you want to adjust parameters before you program the vehicle.

Ā 

PS. someone needs to make a sound financial decision and purchase my tuner!!!!

Edited by capnkirk52

capnkirk52 I noticed you are only listing one tune with your X-Cal3, did you get a deal with only one tune, or is that the only one you use.

If it came with the three tunes that are listed on Evolutions page, you should list them all, maybe a better chance to sell it to one of the I want MPG people.

Just a thought.

AK. I told Fred that I only wanted the 91 octane tune. I have a 1000 gallon tank that our farm uses and we put 91 in it so I never really fill at a station.

Ā 

Everyone is a bit squeamish about the 87/89 octane tunes when all the tuner does is take a couple degrees of timing out of the tune and this can be done by the end user so it shouldn't make people to uncomfortable but I guess it does.

Ā 

Thanks though.

I just did this and the difference is immediate and very noticeable on 93 octane tune. The truck/car/whatever just moves out now. "Similar" to a stock Mustang GT in feel, but not in sound of course. Very edgy no pun intended. Gas mileage is not affected at all, around 21 hwy at 70 mph. I have not yet tried the hi mileage 87 octane tune but will one day. Just having too much fun and yes I know that I am paying a 3 bucks more per tank to get these jollies. Its worth it to me to know when I want to pass a semi-tractor trailer on a two lane I can do it safely.

Ā 

Thanks Fred and the guys at Evolution, you did a great job on this tune.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wrong info Blazin... I was in my edge with the ford tech when I programmed and unprogrammed it. There is a code they can see on their scanner that it has been tampered with, whether or not the tune is still in there.

Ā 

Fakesnake, you can adjust the tire size on your programmer, just say yes when it asks if you want to adjust parameters before you program the vehicle.

Ā 

PS. someone needs to make a sound financial decision and purchase my tuner!!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Okay, so does this mean that the Ford Dealer Tech's had a problem with the fact that they knew it had been adjusted? Will it eventually be a problem if something is wrong with your car?